JOB VACANCY PHARMACY SUPERVISOR
Title: Pharmacy Supervisor.
Direct Reports: Project Pharmacy Manager / Mission Pharmacy Manager.
Position status: Full Time.
Location: Nduta Camp Kibondo.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification
- Desirable Bachelor degree in Pharmacy.
- Essential Diploma in Pharmacy.
- Minimum of 2 years technical experience.
- Desirable – Experience with MSF or other NGO is an asset.
Fluency in English and Swahili (Oral and written communication). French will be an asset.
Main competencies and knowledge
- Essential computer literacy (word and excel)
- Result, Teamwork and flexibility
- Ensuring storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols (controlling pests and rodents), implementing appropriate quality controls and records, in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and availability of drugs and medical material, according to MSF protocols, national regulations and in cooperation with the logistics department.
- Coordinating the delivery, reception and recording of international and local orders, in close coordination with the logistics department, updating stock files and informing line managers on their status (shortfalls, over-stocking, expiry dates), in order to permanently ensure security stock levels and ensure efficient management of stock.
- Supervising orders of medical and drug material in order to ensure an efficient and appropriate consumption pattern under budget constraints.
- Supervising the supply of drugs to patients, according to medical prescriptions, informing them on consumption patterns and keeping conditions in order to ensure their therapeutic progression.
- Ensuring efficient supply to other pharmacies managed/supported by MSF according to orders and stocks, and using cold chain when needed. Monitoring and analysing orders of depending pharmacies in order to avoid ruptures of stock or having expired drugs.
- Supervising, with the HR department, the associated processes (sizing, staff shifts, recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the pharmaceutical team and the nursing staff, in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and to improve their dispensing capabilities.
- Recording all items received and issued in computer (Isystock) and reporting on drug consumptions and medical equipment dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns as well as forecasting future needs, in order to rationalise the budget and to ensure availability.
- Assisting in training and coaching of staffs in the medical team as assigned.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by your supervisor.
All interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Friday 10th September 2021 at 4.00 pm. Please quote the job title on the email subject “PHAMARCY SUPERVISOR” and send to email address
MSFCH-Tanzania-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org , Applications can also be submitted at MSF office situated at Hamza Aziz Street, Kahama Court, Masaki, Dar es Salaam OR in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.