Mzumbe University was established by the Mzumbe University Charter, 2007 under Section 25 of the Universities Act. No. 7 of 2005 which repealed Mzumbe University Act. No 9 of 2001. As a Training Institute, the University boasts of over 50 years experience of training in the administration of justice, business management, public administration, accountancy, finance, political science and good governance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To carry out lectures, conduct tutorials, seminars, practicals, invigilation and assessment for undergraduate and postgraduate programmes;
- To play a leadership role at the level of the Campus, School, Faculty, Institute, Directorate and Department;
- To mentor junior staff in relevant fields;
- To participate/contribute to curriculum development;
- To develop and manage various university activities;
- To undertake research and publish/disseminate results;
- To establish academic or professional chairs for the Institution;
- To carry out consultancy and community services;
- To write teaching manuals and compendia;
- To supervise field practicals, undergraduate special projects, Masters and PhD dissertations/theses;
- To organize and participate in workshops, conferences and symposia; and
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Required Qualification and Experience
- Holder of a PhD and Master’s degree with at least a GPA of 4.0 at Master’s level. Also, the applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.8 at Bachelor’s degree level. The applicant should have a consistent career progression in his/her relevant area of specialization from Bachelor to PhD degree level.