Learning Support Teacher Jobs at Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania (AKES, T), is a private, not for profit, service company registered under the Companies Act and operates three schools in Tanzania. The vision of AKES, T is to provide accessible, world-class education, which prepares students to become self-confident, open-minded articulate and ethical young people with academic gualifications to enable them to make productive contributions to their own community and the wider society. AKES, T is part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people of all faiths and origins in specific regions of the developing world.
Learning Support Teacher Jobs at Aga Khan Education Service
AKES, T is looking to hire qualified candidates for the following positions based in Dar es Salaam:
Responsible for delivery of curriculum of the assigned class / subject while ensuring high quality of teaching learning, classroom management and delivery of other related duties in a timely and professional manner. Actively participate in promoting an enabling environment for students and staff and a positive image of the school Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure effective instruction and assessment of students in the subject assigned.
- Ensure the welfare of all students, taking appropriate measures of support and guidance.
- Implement high quality instructional process in the classroom.
- Ensure high quality students teaching and learning.
- Implement effective classroom management skills.
- Ensure that a positive approach is adopted for all students in the school and capacity, behavior, diversity and culture are respected.
- Work with Heads of Department and others teachers in setting, updating and following relevant schemes of work, curriculum materials, instructional devices in accordance with curriculum objectives and school policies.
- Maintain a record of students’ work and academic progress.
- Set, moderate and mark examinations as well as prepare end of term reports within thetimelines underthe direction of the Head of Department/Curriculum Coordinator and Head of school
- Understand and practice the mission, goals and philosophy of the school.
- Implement consistent measure to maintain disciplinary practices in the school in accordance with the school policy.
- Where appropriate, refer the discipline matter to the class teacher, Head of Year and school Head of Pastoral/ Counsellor or the Head of School.
- Participate in the wider cultural life of the school, help in house/class activities and assist in community services with the purpose of supporting and promoting co- curricular activities in the school, where possible.
- Cooperate in the setting of professional development objectives.
Skills required for the job:
- Ability to implement curriculum instruction
- Good communication skills (English language).
- Ability to manage student and coordinate with other teachers
Qualifications and Experience:
- Preferably a bachelor degree in related field from a reputable organization.
- Relevant certifications would be an added advantage.
- At least four(3)years of relevant work experience: preferably in a school environment.
- Applications should include application letter showing how you meet the requirements of the position up dated curriculum vitae, and names of three professional referees one must be your line manager of current employer. Subject Line should be the position you have applied for.
Closing date: August 30,2023 through email, post or physical submit to the office. Subject should be : LEARNING SUPPORT
The Human Resources Manager Aga Khan Education Service Tanzania P 0 Box 125 DAR ES SALAAM Email: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted