Laboratory Services Officer (multiple vacancies) at ICAP February 2023, AJIRAMPYA, nafasi za kazi, fursa mpya, fursa za nafasi, ajira, ajira mpya ICAP, nafasi za kazi ICAP, ICAP vacancy, ICAP jobs, ICAP careers, ICAP interview
Laboratory Services Officer (multiple vacancies) at ICAP February 2023
Laboratory Services Officer multiple vacancies) at ICAP February 2023
Job no: 497005
Position type: Regular Full-Time
Location: Tanzania – Mwanza
School/Unit: Implementation / Program Management
Categories: Technical/Clinical/Quality Improvement/Training
ICAP at Columbia University, a global health leader situated within the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health in New York City, seeks highly qualified candidates to serve as Laboratory Services Officer to be based in Mwanza, Tanzania.
The Laboratory Service Officer is a self-motivated individual who will be leading the regional programmatic laboratory services in supported facilities to meet the programmatic targets. The incumbent will be responsible for providing all technical aspects of ICAP’s programs activities, technical assistance and coordination of all lab project related activities to all supported sites in Mwanza. S/he will work in close collaboration with R/CHMTs, ICAP and other stakeholders to provide an overall technical leadership and oversight of program activities. Her/his main objective is to guarantee the highest technical and logistical performance of all laboratory related program activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight and lead the implementation of all ICAP related laboratory services in Mwanza region.
- Provide technical support on HIV viral load (HVL) and Early Infant Diagnosis (EID) services focusing on sample collection, processing, packaging, transportation, testing, and result reporting to the respective hubs and spokes sites.
- Ensure all laboratory tests under ICAP support are carried out on time and according to the National and ICAP Guidelines/Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Support the analysis, tracking and communication of sample rejection information, reasons for rejection & recollection rates per site to allow prompt technical support and guidance.
- Collaborate with other program members to strengthen integrated sample transportation system from spokes to hubs and to the testing labs and results back to respective sites
- Ensure maximum utilization of electronic sample referral system for improved turnaround time of test results
- Provide support to lab team to ensure timely collection and submission of laboratory services data as well as support strengthening of the related M&E systems – in collaboration with the SI team
- Support the implementation of laboratory quality management systems to ensure provision of high-quality laboratory services
- Collaborate with R/CHMTs and other stakeholders to ensure all supported sites are participating in External Quality Assessment (EQA), Quality Control (QC) and Quality Assurance programs
- Coordinate weekly virtual meetings with hubs and high volume sites lab focal persons for service progress follow up and troubleshooting of all gaps and challenges for immediate responses.
- Collaborate with laboratory managers, RCHMTs and MSD to ensure uninterrupted laboratory services through consistently availability of reagents, consumables and supplies.
- Coordinate and participate in periodic meetings with stakeholders to discuss progress of VL/EID testing and other laboratory tests
- Design and implement supervisions, training and mentorship programs to improve performance of supported sites
For more details about this job please click here: ICAP JD – Laboratory Services Officer.pdf
The position is contingent upon availability of grant funding. Columbia University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, gender, religion, creed, national and ethnic origin, age, and citizenship, status as a perceived or actual victim of domestic violence, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a Vietnam era or disabled veteran, or any other legally protected status.
The deadline for submitting the application is 12 February 2023.