Service, Health and Development for people living with HIV /AIDS (SHDEPHA+) is a national non-governmental organization, registered on 21 November 1994 with registration number SO 8216, with the aim of mobilizing resources to help people living with HIV/AIDS and to fight the spread of the disease. Although originally focusing on people living with HIV/AIDS, over the years SHDEPHA+ has expanded beyond HIV/AIDS and related issues to other development interventions and now covers both infected and affected by HIV/AIDS with over 65 branches countrywide. Each branch of SHDEPHA+ works independently, developing, managing, and implementing its projects; though all branches share one constitution and registration.
SHDEPHA+ Kahama, based in Kahama Municipal, is among the 65 branches, was launched in 1999 and started independent operations in 2002 has been working with both international and national donors, the local and central government and other stakeholders to work toward the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. The organization works with the poor, key, and vulnerable groups including women, children, youth, people with special needs; and it gives special attention to the underserved and marginalized populations such as PLHV, FSW, and VAGYW
SHDEPHA+ Kahama has been selected and reassigned to implement The Global Fund for AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) program as a sub recipient of AMREF Health Africa Tanzania ( as a Principal recipient (PR 2) for the Non State Actors) for the HIV/TB/Malaria/RSSH grant. The grant will be implemented for three years, from 2021 to 2023 in 4 regions of Tanzania (SHINYANGA, SIMIYU, TABORA and SINGIDA).
The GF HIV/TB project implementation will be done in collaboration and guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children and the President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). With this, SHDEPHA+ Kahama therefore is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic, and qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below:
PROJECT ACCOUNTANT (1 Position)
Location: Kahama Municipal
Reports to: Programs Director and Program Accountant (PR2)
Contract Duration: 12 months (renewable)
The Project accountant will be supporting the finance department to coordinate and supervise financial activities of the project. S/he will provide day-to-day financial technical work of the project and strict adherences to financial regulations and grant compliance requirements during the implementation of the program. He/she shall ensure daily, weekly and quarterly financial reports are timely prepared and submitted as well as accounting reports and documents including cash books, payment vouchers, bank reconciliation statements, budget compliance reports and any other financial reports that may be required by Global Fund Project.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Preparing financial documents such as invoices, bills, and accounts payable and receivable
- Completing purchase orders
- Managing payrolls
- Completing financial reports on a regular basis and
providing information to the finance team.
- Assisting with budgets planning and reviews
- Completing bank reconciliations
- Entering financial information into appropriate software programs
- Managing day-to-day transactions.
- Recording Project expenditures and ensuring these expenses are within the set budget ceilings.
- Assisting the finance department and senior accounting staff members with various tasks, including preparing budgets, records, and statements
- Handling accruals and pre-payments
- Reviewing computer reports for accuracy and meticulously tracing errors back to their source
- Resolving errors in financial reports and correcting faulty reporting methods
Qualification and experience
- Holder of bachelor’s degree in accounting and finance or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Possession of accounting professional qualifications such as CPA or ACCA
- Experience of at least three (3) years in working with Donor funded projects
- Holder of a master Professional is an added advantage
- Must be computer literate
- Knowledgeable on accounting packages will be an added advantage.
- Numerical, confidential, detailed, proactive and team work skills required
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and work within deadline
Salary scale (2,000,000 – 2,500,000/=)
HOW TO APPLY:-
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees.
SHDEPHA+ Kahama will conduct interviews at Kahama municipal Office for the shortlisted Simiyu, Singida, Tabora and shinyanga Applicants.
To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS 16th MARCH 2021. The subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are applying as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not easily be retrieved. All correspondences and applications should be emailed to: email@example.com
SHDEPHA+ is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices based on Age, race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee Organization, or other non-merit factors.
SHDEPHA+ Kahama is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
Any Applicant attempting or communicating to SHDEPHA+ Kahama Management or Staff through phone calls, SMS, text emails and other means will automatically be disqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channelled to the provided official correspondence email above
SHDEPHA+ Kahama regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted