Procurement Officer/Store Officer
Service, Health and Development for people living with HIV /AIDS (SHDEPHA+) is a national non-governmental organization, registered on 21 November 1994 with registration number SO 8216, with the aim of mobilizing resources to help people living with HIV/AIDS and to fight the spread of the disease. Although originally focusing on people living with HIV/AIDS, over the years SHDEPHA+ has expanded beyond HIV/AIDS and related issues to other development interventions and now covers both infected and affected by HIV/AIDS with over 65 branches countrywide. Each branch of SHDEPHA+ works independently, developing, managing, and implementing its projects; though all branches share one constitution and registration.
SHDEPHA+ Kahama, based in Kahama Municipal, is among the 65 branches, was launched in 1999 and started independent operations in 2002 has been working with both international and national donors, the local and central government and other stakeholders to work toward the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. The organization works with the poor, key, and vulnerable groups including women, children, youth, people with special needs; and it gives special attention to the underserved and marginalized populations such as PLHV, FSW, and VAGYW
SHDEPHA+ is seeking for qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies in Kahama Municipal; –
PROCUREMENT OFFICER/STORES OFFICER (1 Position -Volunteer)
Location: KAHAMA MUNICIPAL
Reports to: Finance Officer
JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Procurement/Stores Officer will be responsible for all procurement and stores management function conducted by the SHDEPHA+ Office.
- The Procurement/Stores Officer will be responsible for planning and managing the successful procurement, working closely with Finance department, administrative and programs staff.
- The Procurement/Stores Officer reports to and is supervised directly by the Deputy/ Programs Director. S/he will work closely with SHDEPHA+ administrative and finance staff at the home office and field offices.
- Ensuring that the right supplies and services are procured and that there is timely procurement and delivery of goods and services to programmes to deliver outstanding results for the Organization.
- Ensuring best value for money is achieved through competitive and transparent procurement processes.
- Ensuring smooth travel coordination and fleet management as per SHDEPHA+ Standards.
- S/he will be responsible for stores management includes managing the incoming programs tools/assets, store them and monitor
- Ensure proper documentation of stores
- Ensure proper flows of stores in and to the field
- Promote and ensure compliance to our Procurement Policy, Procedures, and quality standards.
- Working with Project Procurement committee and technical staff to plan all procurements.
- Receive and process order from field and country office team
- Specifying and selecting commodities and products including lab products, entomological supplies, vehicles, office equipment and supplies, etc.
- Preparing and issuing bid documentation to qualified vendors
- Managing quality assurance procedures in conformity with donor requirements
- Negotiating price and payment terms
- Managing procurement request/authorization processes
- Managing bid review and selection process
- Managing purchases, payment (in conjunction with the finance department), logistics planning and follow-up
- Manage automated procurement tracking system and processes and ensuring that up-to-date procurement documentation.
- Ensure that paper-based filing system is kept current.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling SHDEPHA+ values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
- Bachelor of procurement and stores management or relevant course.
- Work experience within a well-structured Organization. Technical knowledge of procurement and logistics management. Experience would preferably include work with NGOs involved in health-related projects..
- Experience in procurement planning, market intelligence, vendors due diligence, competitive bidding processes, contract formulation, review of commitments, and logistics management.
- Knowledge of USAID procurement rules and regulations, or other international donor agencies.
- Very strong computer skills particularly in Excel and other Microsoft Office program and complex spreadsheet application development skills a plus.
- Familiarity with and experience in using off-the-shelf or custom-developed procurement and inventory management software.
- Experience or willingness to use computer assisted task planning and monitoring systems and procedures (e.g. in Outlook).
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to follow-up.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask.
- Team player, but with ability to work independently.
- To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS 19th MARCH 2021. The subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are applying as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not easily be retrieved. All correspondences and applications should be emailed to: email@example.com
SHDEPHA+ is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices based on Age, race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee Organization, or other non-merit factors.
SHDEPHA+ Kahama is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
ANY APPLICANT ATTEMPTING OR COMMUNICATING TO SHDEPHA+ KAHAMA MANAGEMENT OR STAFF THROUGH PHONE CALLS, SMS, TEXT EMAILS AND OTHER MEANS WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE DISQUALIFIED FROM THIS OPPORTUNITY. ALL COMMUNICATIONS SHOULD BE CHANNELLED TO THE PROVIDED OFFICIAL CORRESPONDENCE EMAIL ABOVE
SHDEPHA+ Kahama regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted
For more information about the organization, please visit https://www.shdepha-kahama.com/