Serene Microfinance LTD is a financial Institution established to provide financial solutions to customers in Tanzania with micro-loans.
In an effort to stream line operations, we are seeking to recruit a highly competent, self motivated and professional individual to fill in the position of General Manager.
Main purpose of job
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, the incumbent is responsible for full management & oversight of all departmental areas across all the Company’s functional areas.
Roles and responsibilities
- Understand, Monitor and Evaluate the credit portfolios at any time point.
- Develop a six months company’s strategic plan that will re-direct the company towards growth and profit making.
- Ensures the company complies with all government regulatory bodies (BOT, TRA etc.) and policies in time.
- Deploy innovation in marketing and outreach activities to enhance company’s brand image.
- Plan and apply strategic thought in finding ways to meet and exceed the company Loan disbursement and recovery goals.
- Develop and promote new products and services for customers.
- Act as a bridge between the staff and higher level of Management in the company.
- Communicate company-wide changes to the company’s operation.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- Must have at least 5 – 7 years’ experience, 3 of which must be at management level with key experience in managing Microfinance/ Bank operations and/or Credit.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Ability to develop strategic plan.
- Very strong business acumen with the ability to grow business.
- Confident negotiator and with the ability to “close the deal”.
- Strong analytical skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to build effective relationships with all stakeholders.
- Effective communication and influencing skills.
- Self-driven with a results-oriented mindset.
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs and academic certificates in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org before 6th September, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.