Coordinator, Communications -Africa Region Job Vacancy at Nature Conservancy
Job Vacancy at Nature Conservancy
TNC is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends.
The Nature Conservancy’s mission is to protect the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive. We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which include a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. Whether it’s career development, flexible schedules, or a rewarding mission, there are lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want better insight into TNC? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube or on Glassdoor.
Since establishing the Africa Program in 2007, The Nature Conservancy’s vision in Africa is to work towards fostering a sustainable future for people and nature, partnering with indigenous communities, governments, and the private sector across more than 22 million hectares on the continent. Our efforts are firmly rooted in people, leveraging scientific and technical expertise as we collaborate with key stakeholders to conserve and enhance Africa’s shared resources in the countries we operate.
Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued. We know we’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. In addition to the requirements in our postings, we recognize that people come with talent and experiences outside of a job. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and a culture of inclusion! Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote myriad TNC staff members, “you’ll join for our mission, and you’ll stay for our people.”
In order to raise awareness and position The Nature Conservancy in Africa as a thought leader and partner of choice toward the achievement of our 2030 goals and the continent’s vision of an Africa that is both prosperous and wild, marketing and communications play a crucial role in the Africa Program. They ensure brand consistency as conservation impact is delivered across diverse landscapes. In order for TNC to realize its optimistic future vision for nature and people, we build communications strategies and campaigns to engage audiences that can favorably influence conservation action, policy, and practices.
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
WE’RE LOOKING FOR YOU
Specific roles and scope responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the Marketing & Communications helpdesk and tracking assignment allocations to team members
- Manage vendor relations and help develop marketing collateral for programs that aligns with the shared conservation agenda
- Assist in budget development, tracking, and monitoring
- Review and ensure the quality of marketing distribution material and create Africa database lists
- Coordinate meeting logistics, special events, and support administrative functions
- Coordinate, execute, monitor, and measure the conservancy’s marketing and communications efforts under the direction of the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Implement operational delivery of branding principles whether applied internally or outbound including social media posting
- Oversee and manage the brand assets registry
- Ensure that TNC’s communication outputs are of a high standard, respond to the needs of the target audience, and are delivered within the agreed budget and timelines
- Stay up to date on industry trends and make recommendations for adjustments to communications strategies and practice
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience cultivating and managing client/customer relationships.
- Experience writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Experience organizing and coordinating multiple projects.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment with internal and external partners.
- Multi-lingual skills appreciated.
- Multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience preferred.
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, TNC has been doing work you can believe in. Through grassroots action, we have grown from a small non-profit into one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff and partners, we impact conservation around the world!
TNC offers competitive and comprehensive benefits packages tailored to the individual countries where we work. These may include health care benefits, retirement benefits, parental leave, paid time off, life insurance, and disability coverage as well as an employee assistance program and other life and well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits on our Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a flexible work environment that supports the health and well-being of the people we employ.
APPLY NOW Job Vacancy at Nature Conservancy
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
To apply for this job please visit careers.nature.org.