Retail Financial Advisor (RFA)
Alliance Life Assurance Limited
Department: Retail Department
Location: Dar es Salaam
Reports to: Unit Sales Manager (Retail)
Alliance Life Assurance Ltd was established in 2010 as the first locally privately owned Life Insurance Company in
Tanzania. The company has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become one of the leading
insurance and financial services companies in East Africa providing life insurance solutions to both corporates and
individuals. Alliance Life is highly rated in leadership, innovation, customer service, and risk management.
The company is looking for experienced Life Insurance Retail Financial Advisor (RFA) s to join the Team. As an
experienced Retail Financial Advisor (RFA) you will be responsible to sell the retail products and to support the retail distribution network to meet the sales target and contribute to the growth of Retail Business portfolio. The Retail Financial Advisor (RFA)s will report to the Unit Sales Manager (Retail) and will be based in Dar es Salaam.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Detailed description of the main tasks performed by the job holder:
- To meet the sales Target
o To meet 100% of the sales target assigned.o Attending insurance related meetings within a respective sales avenues or distribution network
o To work on the leads provided by the respective distribution channel.
o To conduct product awareness and sales technique to all prospective retail clients through alldistribution channels.
o Drive productivity and meet the set targets on the daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
o Attending promotional events and campaigns to increase brand visibility and sales.
o To maintain individual sales activity plans and continually report to the supervisor on activitiesplanned for the day and week including attending team meetings.
o Sending out proposals and quotations timely and prompt follow up of premiums and renewalsaccording to ALAL standards.
o Monthly reconciliation to ensure our figures is accurate
- To acquire new clients, build and maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders (new and current), and to
regularly check on clients for better service provision, retention and potential business opportunities.
- Bancassurance Channel Support functions
- Maintain compliance with the company policies and procedures.
- Any other official tasks that may be assigned by the management.
- Bachelor’s Degree /Diploma/ Certificate in Insurance and Risk Management, Economics, Banking and Finance, Marketing, or any related field.
- Certificate of Proficiency in Insurance (COP)
- Minimum of 2 years’ sales experience specifically in Life Insurance will be an added advantage.
- Excellent marketing and negotiation skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters
of instructions, prescribed methodology, and standard operating procedures.
- Excellent report writing and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills, must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining
a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to portray high level of integrity and professionalism, including well-groomed appearance.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic computer applications.
- Excellent communication (writing, speaking, listening, reading), presentation, negotiation and persuasive skills in both English and Swahili.
- Values of the company: Passion; Commitment; High Integrity; Speed and Accuracy; Innovation.
- Good communication skills (speaking, writing, reading, listening)
- Confident with good interpersonal skills.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Assertiveness and self-drive.
- Honesty, reliability and dependability.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage time efficiently.
- Personal initiative and ability to perform under minimum supervision.
- Team player.
o Day to day follow up on the shared list of prospects and closing the business.
o Follow up on outstanding premiums and policies that are yet to be renewed.
o Reporting to USMs and Branch Managers, the daily leads report (leads received; leads closed, etc).
o Maintain compliance with the company policies and Bank procedures.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
This role requires an execution oriented individual with:
Alliance Life Assurance Ltd (ALAL) promotes an equal opportunity workplace, which includes reasonable
accommodations of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Please contact Human Resources with
questions regarding the physical demands of this position.
If interested and qualified please fill out the form on the link: https://forms.office.com/r/6T4V1nzF5Q
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Deadline for application is: Wednesday, 24th August 2022.