IT Intern Job Vacancies at PATH
IT Intern Job Vacancies at PATH
About the job
Start Date: February 1st ,2023.
Duration: Six (6) months
Estimated number of hours per week: 40Hrs.
Will the intern be receiving a stipend: Yes
Will the intern travel? (Local or international): Yes (Local)
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH Kenya has been implementing sustainable health solutions that align with Kenya’s needs and priorities for nearly three decades. As a locally registered organization, PATH Kenya forges close partnerships with local and national leaders and communities to tackle complex health challenges, strengthen health systems, and improve outcomes
Description Of Internship Project
PATH Kenya is the lead implementing Partner for the USAID Nuru Ya Mtoto which is a USAID project funded by PEPFAR. The project’s focus is to increase use of high-quality, county-led health and social services, prevent new HIV infections, and reduce OVC and AGYW vulnerability. The project is implemented by PATH Kenya with ADS Nyanza as a consortium partner. The project is implemented at the county level, in the community and health facilities in the counties of Homa Bay, Migori, Nyamira, Kisumu, Kakamega, Vihiga and Kisii, in close collaboration with and support of county health management teams, department of children and social services and the Ministry of Health of Kenya.
Benefit To Intern
- To help the intern gain valuable experience to aid in transitioning into the workforce
- To encourage the intern to apply the skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to realistic situations professional accountants face.
- Equip intern with a variety of skills to help find a successful career in IT
Internship’s Goals And Learning Objectives
This internship is designed to provide a practical work experience to students or recent graduates in information technology or a related field. The intern will work together with the IT officer in fulfilling the day-to-day duties of the department.
The Intern will have the opportunity to learn on-
- Responding to user requests for service, troubleshoot problems and help develop solutions.
- Performing minor repairs to equipment and arrange for other servicing needs.
- Supporting basic end-user support on technical issues covering Mac/PC hardware, Printers, scanners, computer peripherals, Mobile devices (iOS, Android) and network connectivity.
- Supporting PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the IT officer.
Learning outcomes (how the Intern’s performance will be evaluated):
The Intern will be evaluated based on outcomes of the assigned activities as well as on feedback from colleagues.
- Undergraduate Degree qualification in Information Technology or its equivalent.
- Fresh /recent graduates (at most, graduated in the past 2 years)
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Ms. Office applications especially word and excel.
- Drive to be a self-starter.
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers. *
Please Be Advised
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org address.
Please report any suspicious communications to email@example.com.