Nafasi 50 za Internships at Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. GGML undertakes to offer internship opportunities to fresh Tanzanian graduates of various disciplines, to take place at Geita Gold Mine, Geita Tanzania, with the aim of “Enhancing Graduates Employability in Tanzania”. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven graduates to take part in the company internship programme as described below:
GGML INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) has been a strong supporter to the government initiatives to enhance graduates’ employability in Tanzania, having implemented internships and other graduate programmes for several years. GGML is contributing towards skills development in Tanzania by providing graduates with opportunities to gain work experience in various skills areas. The internship Programme provides an opportunity to unemployed graduates to gain meaningful work experience that will complement their studies and provide them with experience that could help them gain access to the labour market. The internship is for fixed term (12 months) and there is no guarantee of any offer of employment by the company on expiry of the internship period. At the minimum, GGML Internship Programme shall be undertaken in accordance with the “National Internship Guidelines” as published by the Prime Minister’s Office, Labor, Youth, Employment and Disability in September 2017.
To qualify for the internship programme, one MUST:
- Be a Tanzanian citizen.
- Be an unemployed Tanzanian graduate aged between 18 – 30 years.
- Have completed a relevant bachelor’s degree (NTA8) or National Higher Diploma (NTA7) with a minimum GPA of 3.5
- Have graduated between 2021 and 2023. The candidate must possess a valid degree certificate. Transcripts only or provisional results will not be accepted.
Note: Female Graduates and People with Disability are highly encouraged to apply.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED & HOW TO APPLY:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by following respective links below. Please click the link or type the URL address on a website browser to access the application portal.
- On the portal you will be required to upload the following documents:
- Your updated Resume (2 pages only and in PDF format). On the portal use the field named ‘Resume’ to upload the resume.
- Scanned copies of university Degree Certificate and your full Degree Transcript (provisional results will not be accepted). Please combine certificate and transcript and upload as one PDF document, don’t upload separately. On the portal use the field named ‘Cover Letter’ to upload the certificates.
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for internship on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates and transcripts if you are contacted for interviews.
- Please do not attach any other document not requested here.
- Please apply only for posts you qualify, to the maximum of 2 posts.
- Applications not adhering to above instructions shall not be considered.
- Applications submitted via email, by post, by hand or by any means other than online application via links provided shall not be considered.
POSTS AVAILABLE, QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED AND APPLICATION LINKS:
- Geology (4 posts) – BSc in Geology.
- UG HV Electrical (2 posts) – BSc in Electrical Engineering.
- Plant Instrumentation (2 posts) – BSc in Electrical Engineering.
- Mine Survey (1 Post) – BSc in Geomatics / Geoinformatics / Land Surveying.
- Electrical (sitewide) (2 posts) – BSc in Electrical Engineering.
- UG HME Maintenance (2 posts) – BSc in Mechanical Engineering.
- OP HME Maintenance (2 posts) – BSc in Mechanical Engineering.
- Metallurgy (2 posts) – BSc Metallurgy & Mineral Processing Engineering.
- Environment (1 post) – BSc in Environmental Engineering /Science.
- Safety (1 post) – BSc in Environmental Engineering / Science / OHS Diploma or equivalent qualification.
- UG Mine production (2 posts) – BSc in Mining Engineering.
- UG Mine Planning (3 posts) – BSc in Mining Engineering.
- OP Mine Planning (2 posts) – BSc in Mining Engineering.
- OP mine Production (1 Post) – BSc in Mining Engineering.
- Reliability Engineering (1 post) – BSc in Mechanical Engineering.
- Occupational Hygiene (1 post) – BSc in Environmental Engineering / Science / OHS Diploma or equivalent qualification.
- PR & Communications (1 post) – BA Mass Communication, Marketing Communication, or any tertiary Qualification in Photographing / video graphing.
- Geotech (2 Posts) – BSc. in Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology.
- Hydrogeology (1 Post) – BSc. Mining Engineering / Hydrogeology.
- Legal Services (1 post) – (LL. B) Bachelor of Laws / Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice preferred.
- Human Resources Management (1 post) – B.com / BA Human Resources Management / Public Administration.
- Supply Chain (1 post) – Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing / Procurement / Supply Chain, Materials Management, LL.B or equivalent.
- Community Affairs (2 posts) – BA in Community Development, Social Works / Sociology/ Rural Development.
- Nursing (1 Post) – Advanced Diploma / Degree in Nursing.
- Learning & Development (1 post) B.com / BA Human Resources Management / Public Administration.
- Business Improvement (1 post) – BSc. in Industrial Engineering Management / or BA. Project Planning & Management. / or BA. in Business Administration. https://careers.anglogoldashanti.com/job–invite/21956/
- Digital Technology (1 post) – BSc in IT / Telecom / Computer Engineering / Computer Science.
- Finance (1 post) – B.COM/ BBA Major in Accounting and/ or Finance.
- Quantity Survey (1 Post) – BSc in Construction Management / Building Economics or equivalent tertiary qualification.
- Civil & Earthwork Projects (1 post) – BSc in Civil Engineering.
- UG Infrastructure (1 post) – BSc in Mechanical Engineering / Mining Engineering / Civil Engineering.
- Plant Maintenance (1 post) – BSc in Mechanical Engineering.
- Security Investigation (1 post) – (LL.B) Bachelor of Laws / Bachelor of Arts in Law Enforcement or any other relevant tertiary qualification on security investigations. https://careers.anglogoldashanti.com/job–invite/21970/
- Security Technology (1 post) BSc in Electronics / Telecom or any other relevant tertiary qualification on security systems.
- OP Mine Planning (2 posts) – BSc in Mining Engineering.
- CAF & UG Backfill (1 post) – BSc. in Mining Engineering / Civil Engineering / Geotechnical Engineering.
- Closing date for applications is the 16th of October 2023 at 5:30 PM
- Only shortlisted graduates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test, and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing speakupAGA@ethics-line.com or use the internet at www.tipoffs.com