Internship Opportunities at RTI International June 2023- Nafasi za kazi RTI International June 2023, Ajira mpya RTI International
Ajira mpya RTI International June 2023
RTI International is a nonprofit organization headquartered in the Research Triangle Park in North Carolina that provides research and technical services.
1.Urban Sanitation Internship
- The RTI University Collaboration Office seeks a prospect for the Urban Sanitation Internship within the International Development Group (IDG). The USAID Western Kenya Sanitation Project (WKSP) is a five (5) year project which will be implemented in Busia, Bungoma, Homa Bay, Kakamega, Kisii, Kisumu, Migori, and Siaya counties. The overall goal of the project is to create a financially sustainable, transformative, replicable, and locally owned sanitation marketplace in the target counties of western Kenya. The objectives to achieve this goal are (1) increased access to and uptake of market-based improved sanitation and fecal sludge management (FSM) products and services; and (2) increased access to and uptake of market-based improved MHM products and services at the household level.
- Support data collection on Fecal Sludge Management and sewer connection from Manual Pit Emptiers and WSSPs respectively in Kisumu Cluster, upload monitoring data on WKSP reporting portal on a weekly basis.
- Support Business development mentorship and coaching of the Manual Pit Emptiers
- Support marketing activities for Fecal sludge management and sewer connections in Kisumu Cluster
- Support Urban sanitation and Business Development Manager in preparation of training materials related to urban sanitation.
- Participate in county stakeholder forums and engagement processes to support knowledge exchange, coordination and learning, and documentation of the same.
- Provide day-to-day support of specific county Urban Sanitation project activities, ensuring work is completed against the scope, timelines, and budget.
2.Supply Chain Internship
- To learn about different actors in sanitation and MHM supply chain and their role in facilitating access to products and services. To learn about organization capacity assessment approaches and capacity building interventions suitable for different actors in the supply chain. To develop skills in documentation of emerging, promising, and best practices in sanitation and MHM products and services supply chain.
- Develop and maintain data base of enterprises and entrepreneurs engaged by WKSP.
- With support from the supply chain manager, follow up on enterprises performance with regards to stocks and sales.
- Participate in mentorship and coaching sessions for Sanitation and MHM Enterprises.
- Develop monthly workplans, weekly and monthly reports as part of project documentation and reporting.
- Provide day-to-day support of specific supply chain activities, ensuring work is completed against the scope, timelines, and budget.
3.Communications Internship at RTI International
- Learn how to elevate the profile of a project (in this case USAID WKSP) as a credible partner by curating and disseminating knowledge artifacts on marketplace sanitation and menstrual hygiene management Learn how to use tailored messages and use media channels to facilitate interactive processes with communities to develop positive behaviors; promote and sustain individual, community and societal behavior change on menstrual hygiene management.
- Support the implementation of the USAID WKSP communication and Social Behavior Change Communication Strategies.
- Provide communications and visibility support to programs and internal teams on events planning and management, with interest to global events supported USAID WKSP
- Draft and edit USAID WKSP communications pieces, not limited to press releases, impact stories, publications, social media posts, among others.
- Assist in maintaining media contacts and engagement, as well as track mainstream and social media exposure of USAID WKSP and partners, v. Support in expanding and updating photo and video databases.