Internship Job Vacancies at TechnoServe
Internship Job Vacancies at TechnoServe
About the job
AINFP Food Processing Internship Program
Job Details: Internship
Everyone deserves the opportunity to build a better future. This simple idea has been at the heart of Technoserve’s work around the world for over 50 years. Technoserve is a pioneer in leveraging the power of business and markets to create sustainable pathways out of poverty. Technoserve has worked extensively over the last 12 years with food processors and other agricultural intermediaries in Sub-Saharan Africa to grow their small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) by deploying commercially viable, inclusive business models that create markets for smallholder farmers (SHFs) and jobs for workers, while supplying safe and nutritious food for consumers. These firms are the linchpin of food systems, and their growth, particularly those that are farmer-allied (i.e., strategically investing in smallholder productivity and livelihoods) is critical to unlocking the potential of Africa’s agricultural sector and building inclusive, resilient food systems.
TechnoServe is implementing the USAID-funded Alliance for Inclusive and Nutritious Food Processing (AINFP) regional program in collaboration with Partners in Food Solutions (PFS). The program leverages the power of the private sector to create better nutritional outcomes for base-of-the-pyramid consumers and more profitable market opportunities for local farmers. This is achieved by supporting local food processing companies in Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, and Zambia through remote technical assistance and training from world-leading food processing companies under PFS to increase the availability of safe, affordable, and nutritious food. For more details go to www.ainfp.org/about-us/
The program seeks to recruit recent graduates, Master’s and Ph.D. students from in the fields of food science, marketing, and finance to work with local food processing firms in, Tanzania. The internship provides valuable professional development opportunities to receive on-the-job training in a private sector setting, preparing them to become the next generation of African food technologists and business consultants. In addition to their on-the-job contributions to the client, interns will develop case studies, and carry out research and support pieces of training with supervision by program staff. Overall the internship is aimed at expanding practical knowledge, refining career goals, and building professional networks. The location of the internships will be on-site where the processors are located.
- A first degree from a recognized university in any of the following disciplines: Food processing, Marketing, Business or Finance
- Must have graduated within the last 2 years, completed coursework awaiting graduation, or currently pursuing a Masters or Ph.D. degree
- Provide a recommendation/reference letter from the university attended.
- Should possess interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be goal-oriented, dynamic, passionate, and self-motivated
- Must be a team player and have the ability to solve problems
- A person of integrity
- Must be computer proficient
AINFP program invites applications from qualified candidates for the internship program in one or more of the following knowledge centres:
- Food Safety and Quality Standards
- Good Manufacturing Practices
- Access to Finance for Food processors
- Nutrition and Fortification
- Product Development and packaging
- Supply Chain Operations
- Data collection and market surveys
- Food Manufacturing
- Marketing and Branding
- Social media Management
- Financial Management Systems
- Financial planning and forecasting
- Market Consumer insights research
- BOP marketing and last-mile distribution
- Access to Finance for Food Processing companies
- Smallholder farmer sourcing and contracting
- Product development and packaging
- Business Planning
- Marketing Strategies
- Sales and sales agent networks
Deadline for applications: 13th /January / 2023
Qualified and interested applicants should submit a PDF formatted single document consisting of:
- Cover Letter specifying the Knowledge center on the subject and stating the reason for your interest in the internship program
- Max 3 – page CV
We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants. Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications. No phone calls, please.
- This is not a salaried position, and the program will only facilitate predetermined stipends.
- TechnoServe WILL NOT offer employment after the completion of the internship.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.