Internal Audit & Risk Manager Vacancies at INKOMOKO
Internal Audit & Risk Manager Vacancies at INKOMOKO, INKOMOKO New Jobs, INKOMOKO Careers, INKOMOKO Job Seekers, INKOMOKO Internships.
About the Company
Inkomoko supports entrepreneurs to grow their businesses in order to improve livelihoods and to create thriving communities.
Founded in 2012, Inkomoko has worked with more than 41,000 entrepreneurs across East Africa, including thousands of refugee entrepreneurs, resulting in thousands of new jobs and more than $50M in new revenue in communities.
Inkomoko provides a combination of training, consulting, access to finance, and market-level systems change. We are the largest lender to refugee entrepreneurs in Africa, and seek both social impact and financial sustainability.
Inkomoko has +220 staff in 18 offices across Rwanda, Kenya, and Ethiopia. Through Inkomoko’s 2030 strategic plan, we are expanding to 5 additional countries to serve more than 550,000 entrepreneurs with our services and growing our $30M loan fund
All staff at Inkomoko are connected to a shared set of organizational values:
Purpose: be solutions-oriented and produce high-quality work and be a global leader.
Achievement: push yourself to reach beyond what you think is possible.
Improvement: be humble and committed to continuous learning and growing through giving and receiving open and accurate feedback.
Bravery: willing to take risks, create a safe space for others, be compassionate, inclusive.
Turikumwe/Tuko Pamoja/ Abren Nen (“We are together”): appreciate your colleagues, celebrate success, and support each other in hard times.
About the Opportunity
Inkomoko is currently seeking a qualified individual who will be based in any of the Inkomoko locations. The successful candidate will have the following duties:
Planning & risk management (90%)
Develop, monitor and regularly update the company wide risk register
Develop risk management strategies
Ensure adherence to industry rules & regulations and coordinate the creation, review and implementation of policies and procedures resulting from new laws and regulations
Coordinating rollout and training on new policies and procedures
Ensure regulatory compliance including the central bank and the tax administration
Develop a risk management policy and control framework for the organisation
Establish and advise management on the company’s risk appetite
Conduct internal reviews and audits
Conduct risk assessment in existing and new locations that the organisation expands to
Report risk management information to management
Ensure staff are regularly updated about the company’s policies and processes
Instill a risk awareness culture across the organisation
Conduct research and keep management updated on risk management best practices
Conduct full circle audit including risk management over operation effectiveness and efficiency, financial reliability and compliance with regulations
Advise on risk aversion measures and cost savings
Recommend and implement risk management solutions such as safety, security, insurance, business continuity plans and recovery measures
Review and assess potential fraud activity and develop fraud detection tools
Investigate fraud cases and report to management
Administration and operations (10%)
Work with various departments to assess and mitigate risks in various projects they undertake
Perform tasks assigned to you by your supervisor and/or management
The ideal candidate will fulfil the following requirements:
● University degree in Finance, Accounting, Risk management, Insurance, Business Administration, or related field plus a professional qualification (CPA, ACCA, CIFA or CFA) will be an added advantage.
● Professional qualification such as Global Risk Management Institute (GRMI), Institute & Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA certification), CRM certification, Certified Forensic Fraud Examination, International Certificate in Enterprise Risk Management, or any other risk management related qualification will also be preferred
● At least 4 years of work experience in risk management, compliance, compliance audit, internal or external audit.
● Skilled in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power-point presentation
● Good understanding and application of Risk management ISO standards
● Good understanding and application of COSO Enterprise Risk Management Framework
● Ability to read and interpret company’s financial statements in a risk management and compliance perspective
● Ability to compute and use financial ratios in interpreting financial and operational risks
● Ability to assess risks and exercise reasonable judgement in making a decision
● Analytical skills with the ability to pay attention to details
● Ability to meet deadlines and work independently with the highest level of personal integrity
● English and Country’s national language fluency required
What You’ll Get
This role is a tremendous opportunity to work in a high-growth, mission-driven organization. Our compensation includes both a great culture and a competitive market-based package, including:
Incredible company culture, including deep investment in your learning and growth, and a commitment to inclusion and diversity.
Opportunity to work with a talented, passionate, and committed team of professionals across the region.
Ability to make a significant social impact and contribute to economic growth.
Competitive salary, and potential KPI-based bonus.
Favorable policies like health insurance, staff savings program, parental leave, sabbatical program, and more.
If you have matching qualifications for the role, please submit your cover letter and CV.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Inkomoko is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Refugees, women, and persons who reflect the diverse communities we serve are strongly encouraged to apply. As a company we have policies in place that promote diversity, equity and inclusion at all levels.
NB: We do not employ staff whose background is not suitable. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.