Internal Audit Manager Job Vacancies at Absa Group Job Vacancies at Absa Group
Internal Audit Manager Job Vacancies at Absa Group
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
The core responsibility of the Internal Audit Manager is to support the Chief Internal Auditor in the planning, execute and management of audit assignments in accordance with the NBC Audit Plan and relevant policies, procedures and quality standards.
Accountability: Audit Delivery and Issue Assurance
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the methodology, by attending training sessions and using knowledge gained during audits, use this proactively in executing audit activities.
- Deliver assigned responsibilities by the Chief Internal Auditor work to a high quality and in accordance with the requirements of the Quality Assurance scorecard.
- Assist the Chief Internal Auditor with planning and execution of Design Effectiveness and Operating Effectives Testing, uniformly applying the methodology and quality standards, focusing the work on key risks, with minimum supervision from the Chief Internal Auditor
- Develop and maintain relationships with key audit contacts on each audit by attending continuous stakeholder meetings. In addition, engage closely with stakeholders during
assignments and encourage open discussion and interaction with business on the risks associated in their environment
- Engage proactively with Internal Audit colleagues during assignments and request technical assistance where required. Technical assistance may be requested for the review of the risks and controls to be tested, audit working papers and audit report.
- Based on knowledge of business areas, provide guidance to other auditors and peers by sharing best practice so that their work meets and sometimes exceeds quality standards.
- Support the Chief Internal Auditor in the identification of risks to be tested by participating in planning sessions.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of NBC and the various business areas and use this knowledge to assess risks and controls through identifying, assessing and documenting risks and controls within these processes.
- Evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of controls and document all working papers in Audit Bond for review by the Chief Internal Auditor.
- Ensure all audit observations and planned actions are factually agreed with management as soon as they arise and increase the speed of report issuance. Provide suggestions to stakeholder management on how they can address the control issues identified.
- Document all working papers in line with methodology requirements. The working papers must be accurate, reflective of work performed and support conclusions drawn.
- Display professional scepticism, raising and discussing contentious observations with management and provide evidence to support all issues identified.
- On an ongoing basis throughout the audit, discuss and agree the factual accuracy of audit observations with the Chief Internal Auditor and Head of Audit.
- Provide feedback to the Chief Internal Auditor and audit team with progress and observations raised during the audit by communicating honestly, frequently and effectively. Build and maintain good working relationships with fellow auditors.
- Participate fully and be supportive in all audits by aiding the team where required. Be quick to learn and seek opportunities to share this knowledge with colleagues
- Continue to update awareness of risk issues and changes across selected business units from interaction with management and provide feedback to the Chief Internal Auditor.
- Assist in the induction of new joiners, mentoring less experienced team members.
- Proactively take on additional tasks as requested by the Head of Audit – which may include managing Issue Assurance and production of team Management Information.
- Perform Issue Assurance testing and documenting of the working papers in accordance with the requirements of the Methodology.
- Support with the teams Data Analytics initiatives and have experience in performing data analytics.
Accountability: Knowledge Management
- Improve technical knowledge through self-learning or training including mandatory Continuous Professional Education requirements.
- Share knowledge with AIA colleagues and peers in the business.
- Develop and enhance learning through seeking coaching, training, and continual feedback
- Coach new joiners and trainees on how to apply the methodology. In addition, to proactively share knowledge of within the team, leading a session at a team meeting.
- Build knowledge of business and culture in business units for the Retail, Business Banking, CIB portfolio and Functions as assigned by the Chief Internal Auditor
- Knowledge of key regulations, including FIC, KYC and AML, Sanctions, for business areas / locations within remit.
- Prepare audit observations and make sure that they are concise, factually accurate and cover all the significant issues. The observations must be insightful, address the root causes, and have agreed actions that fully mitigate the risk.
- Assist the Chief Internal Auditor where required, in the drafting of the audit report in line with methodology requirements and as per the requirements of the Balanced Scorecard.
- Proficient in report writing for governance reporting
Accountability: Relationship management
- Develop and maintain relationships with accountable management on each audit
- Present effectively at stakeholder meetings and forums (e.g.: Risk and Governance forums) to share knowledge and information including methodology, standards, changes and new developments with business stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Audit roles – experience in risk-based auditing or risk/control activities.
- Relevant professional qualifications (e.g. ACCA, CPA and equivalent certifications) and must be a graduate. CIA certification will be an added advantage
- Practical understanding of relevant regulatory environment
- Proven track record of high performance in previous roles
- Experience in auditing at senior level for at least 5 years
NBC’s Values and Behaviours represent the set of standards which governs the actions of all of us who work for the bank and against which the performance of every one of us in NBC are being assessed and rewarded:
- I drive high performance to achieve sustainable results
- I’m obsessed with customer
- I have an African heartbeat
- I believe our people are our strengths
- Financial services industry knowledge.
- Knowledge about new and emerging financial products and services.
Analytical Thinking – Advanced (Meets all of the requirements), Auditing Skills, Audit Methodology (Meets all of the requirements), Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Data Management (Meets all of the requirements), Digital familiarity (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Effective communication – Advanced (Meets all of the requirements), Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Planning and organising (Meets all of the requirements), Risk and Security Management (Meets all of the requirements)