Intern – Environment Affairs I (2 Posts) at United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) 2023- Nafasi za kazi (UNEP) United Nations Environment Programme 2023
Nafasi za kazi (UNEP) United Nations Environment Programme 2023
The United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the world’s environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the environment.
1.Intern – Environment Affairs, I (2 Posts)
Under the direct supervision of the GRASP coordinator, with the head of the Biodiversity, People and Landscapes Unit acting as second reporting officer where applicable, the intern will perform the following duties:
- Assist GRASP in organizing the 3rd council meeting, including preparing documents and managing logistics;
- Develop key communications materials, in print, online and for social media;
- Support the unit in drafting project concepts, proposals, and implementation agreements;
- Assist in the preparation of workshops, meetings and other events to take place in Nairobi and other countries to achieve programmatic results.
- Assist in the development of project reports to a variety of donors;
- Communicate with project partners, consultants, implementers etc. on programmatic activities to support programmatic results;
- Undertake targeted desktop research to compile stories, facts, data and other pieces to inform programme development;
- Assist in tracking key policy developments, including outcomes of meetings and related processes and prepare periodic digests of such information in succinct formats;
- Undertake other tasks as required, and in accordance with the intern’s interests and experience.
RECOMMENDED: Application Support Specialist at NBC June 2023
- COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication. Tailors’ language, tone, style and format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- PLANNING & ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
- Master’s Degree or currently enrolled in a Master’s Programme;
- Background in environmental sciences, environmental policy, biodiversity and conservation, development studies, or other related field;
- Demonstrated interest and experience in issues related to species conservation (experience in great ape conservation highly desirable), biodiversity, or sustainable development required.
- Experience in organising large events, conferences or meetings desirable.
- Fluency in English is required, knowledge of the French language desirable.
- Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter.
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views. Nafasi za kazi (UNEP) United Nations Environment Programme 2023
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position fluency in English is required.