Illustration and graphic design intern Vacancies at ITDP Africa 2023
Illustration and graphic design intern Vacancies at ITDP Africa 2023, We are actively transforming cities in Africa! We work collaboratively across both borders and expertise to make real change happen on the streets. If you have passion for transport and want to help break through our car-dominant culture to bring our streets back to the people, join us. We have offices in Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Egypt.
About the position
The Graphic Design and Illustration Intern will support the communications team in creating and bringing to life sustainable mobility concepts for social media dissemination. The role will entail planning concepts based on relevant materials and illustrating the concepts based on captivating storylines that can be understood by social media users. The content will involve still graphics, illustrations, and motion design.
- Conceptualise, draft, and design illustrations from existing publications and content for social media campaigns as per ITDP brand guidelines.
- Produce sketches, storyboards, animatics, and style frames to visualise concepts.
- Draft and animate numerous 2D and 3D motion graphics from scratch.
- Provide creative vision to the editing process, bringing your own style to create beautifully composed work.
- Creatively showcase technical and statistical material through fun, creative, and interactive content for users.
- Create original animated motion graphic content for social media platforms.
- Support and contribute to a collaborative working environment.
- Keep project files organised, clean, and properly labelled.
- Attend team meetings ready to listen and ask questions.
- Perform any other task assigned.
- Experience working on illustrations and motion graphics.
- A strong design portfolio that showcases visual design skills (minimum 2-3 projects including illustrations and motion graphics). Canva submissions will not be considered.
- Working knowledge of Adobe suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects, XD, Premiere Pro) and/or other relevant software
- Strong communication skills, including preparing effective graphics. Ability to communicate complex issues in simple, visually appealing content.
- Excellent research skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects with flexibility, work well under pressure, and keep to deadlines.
- Ability to receive and give open and honest feedback to encourage personal and professional growth.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
How to apply
Interested applicants can apply by sending the following information to email@example.com with “Illustration and Graphic Design Intern” in the subject line:
- Resume and cover letter.
- Portfolio of graphic designs, illustrations, and motion graphics/videos.
The position will remain open until filled.
ITDP is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran or active military status, alienage or citizenship status, arrest or conviction record, credit history, salary history, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or partnership status, familial status, unemployment status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or any other status protected by applicable law