Human Resource Manager Job at M-KOPA June 2023-Ajira mpya Mkopa Human Resource Manager M-KOPA June 2023, New Job Opportunities 2023
Human Resource Manager Job at M-KOPA June 2023
The scale and impact of our work is massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing FinTech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off-grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected assets ﬁnancing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives. Our people reflect this mission; we pride ourselves in empowering our people to own their own careers, and encouraging growth through our learning and development programs, coaching partnerships, and on-the-job training.
As a collective, we value diversity, knowing every journey brings its own reward, and support each employee as they travel theirs. This includes our family-friendly policies, commitment to employee mental and physical well-being, and flexible working practices. Our aim is for every employee to be able to shape their own career, whilst helping shape the future of M-KOPA as we grow together. The aim over time is to grow and enable the role holder to play a critical role in the design and implementation of strategic initiatives to retain and grow our staff. The role holder will act as a primary point of contact for the functions, serving as a connector to internal HR functions, an advisor on all people processes, procedures, and initiatives.
To achieve this, you’ll be expected to:
- Support your managers in cultivating a high-performance, innovation-driven culture, and ensure that performance management experiences are effective and empowering, prioritizing fairness and objectivity
- Work proactively to identify underperformance and thoughtfully address it professionally and swiftly
- Connect your managers and staff through the Learning and Development function to compelling learning opportunities to address mentorship, coaching for performance and growth, advising on career opportunities
- Develop and implement, in close conjunction with your managers – staff retention, career, and succession strategies
- Participate in Employee Engagement measurement programs, and action planning and champion the cause of employee engagement as a measure of leadership
- Work closely with your managers to understand organizational challenges and design/implement creative solutions
- Coordinate and support the implementation of strategic initiatives within your function and more broadly
- Works in partnership with managers to provide guidance and advice in dealing with difficult people issues in a fair, straightforward manner and without delay
- Build and maintain healthy relationships with key stakeholders within your group and the larger organization
- Coach and develop leaders/managers on how to inspire and influence their teams as well as improve their communication practices
- Work closely and effectively with other HRBP, HR Shared Services, and Centres of Excellence teams to identify best practice and use it to define effective business interventions
- Share knowledge and insights with the wider People team to help shape best practices from a people perspective
- Previous working experience preferably as an HR Generalist for 5 years (s)
- Degree in Human resources or similar relevant field
- Excellent IT skills including the use of Microsoft Suite of Applications,
- Ability to interact and use online assessment and feedback platforms
- Comfortable with data analytics and has good experience with data manipulation using Excel for reporting
- Impactful presentation style
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- Creative thinker and proactive problem solver
- Excellent writing, proofing, and editing skills.
- Able to work effectively and productively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail and well organized
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
- Good team player
- Self-motivated, creative, self-starter
M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.M-KOPA explicitly prohibits the use of Forced or Child Labour and respects the rights of its employees to agree to terms and conditions of employment voluntarily, without coercion, and freely terminate their employment on appropriate notice. M-KOPA shall ensure that its Employees are of legal working age and shall comply with local laws for youth employment or student work, such as internships or apprenticeships.M-KOPA does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’, or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.