HME Technical Specialist at Geita Gold Mining Ltd March, 2023
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The purpose of this role is to work with HME Field service maintenance team to provide Quality of Maintenance on all equipment’s and works which are executed both at the Field and w/shop to maximize up time after being released from the maintenance or Breakdown.
- Full Technician Certificate in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering.
- Degree or Advanced Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- Minimum of 5 years working experience with heavy mining equipment preferably RH170, RH40 & Caterpillar equipment
- Experience on maintaining underground equipmentTrucks, wheel loaders, utilities trucks etc.
- Possess computer skills and capable of preparing analytical technical reports
- Possess valid Tanzania driving license with ability to drive will be added advantages
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Work with Tradespersons to ensure work is executed as per OEM standard by ensuring troubleshooting, testing, adjusting, and installation procedures are safely executed.
- Ensure Quality of workmanships on all tasks which are executed
- Ensure equipment release checklist is completed before equipment is released
- Provide quality oversight for component rebuild to ensure the components overhaul meet OEM as a minimum standard for overhaul
- Provide technical support and guidance/coaching tradespersons to ensure striping, inspection, assembling, and testing procedures are followed during testing and adjusting.
- To ensure quality and reliability of components after being installed to the machine.
- Ensure compliance to safety requirement and walk the talk
- Embrace safety in all activities (both planned and unplanned)
- Conduct take 5/Stop card and remove all the hazards before executing any task
- Stop any work which is not executed safely and report to your manager.
- Hands on with extensive knowledge on systems operations and troubleshooting of equipment.
- Possess interpersonal skills to get the job done on time without compromising Safety and Quality.
- Honest and open minded.
- Must have good written and oral communications skills in English language
- Must be able to work with the Team members and shows Leadership skills
- Able to show initiative and coordination skills and be able to interact with cross functional teams
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by following the link below. Please click the link or type the URL address on a website browser to access the application portal.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names, and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Technical Specialist’’
- Applications should reach the above on or before 30th March 2023 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.