Economist/Health Economist at Muhimbili National Hospital (MNH) February 2023, The Hospital is looking for a competent and experienced person to fill the position below for 3 years contract (renewable on mutual agreement)
Economist/Health Economist at Muhimbili National Hospital (MNH) February 2023
Muhimbili National Hospital (MNH) is a tertiary Specialised and Super Specialist Hospital in Tanzania with bed capacity of 2,178 out of which 1,570 beds are at the Main Upanga Hospital and 608 beds are at the Mloganzila facility which is 30 km away from the main Hospital. The Hospital serves between 2,000-3,000 Outpatients and 1,500 – 2,000 Inpatients per day.
Economist/Health Economist (1 Post)
Duties and Responsibilities
The Economist/Health Economist shall be stationed in the Strategy and Business Development Section and shall perform the following duties and responsibilities; –
- Planning, budgeting and Investment
- Collect economic statistics and information for development of Hospital economic policy.
- Writing of Economic/investment and Grant Proposals
- Design and execute research studies on economic matters to identify and explore available economic opportunities.
- Utilize research programs on implementation of Hospital economic policies that guide effective use of economic information and resources.
- Evaluate and establish priorities on Hospital investment in areas of production, infrastructure and business development.
- Pro-actively identify market access opportunities for the Hospital through effective planning and development of financially sound business proposals.
- Effectively allocate and deploy resources including people, activities, projects and investment
- Consulting experts in economics on the efficacy of policies, products and services provided by the hospital.
- Develop and present reports on economics activities of the Hospital and Communicating data in the form of presentations, technical reports, and non-technical reports.
- Studying the economic impact of laws and regulations and advising Management on businesses and economic decisions.
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by his/her supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
Read Also: ZUCHU WhatsApp Group Link 2023
Holder of bachelor’s degree in economics/Health Economics with Minimum of at least 3 years of working experience
Holder of a master’s degree in Economics/Health Economics will be an added advantage 1:3 Experience and Skills
- He/she should come with at least three years of working experience in economic activities.
- Working experience in Health economics will be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of the subject of economics and international relations
- Good understanding of Planning and Budgeting
- Right balance of mathematical and analytical aptitude to comprehend the economic aspects thoroughly.
- Abreast with the national economic policies and its impact on the organization sector
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong orientation to teamwork
- Ability to handle pressure, complex situations and problem-solving capacity.
- Ability to think analytically and strategically.
Attractive package in accordance with Hospital salary structure. > Link Magroup Ya WhatsApp ASAKE 2023
MODE OF APPLICATION
Assigned application letter with certified copies of academic certificates and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) with three referees with reliable contacts, postal address, e-mail, and mobile numbers should be addressed to:
Muhimbili National Hospital,
Via the following email address:
Application Deadline: 15th February 2023.