Health and Care Programme Officer Vacancies at HelpAge Tanzania. HelpAge Tanzania wishes to recruit a Health and care Programme Officer that will be based in Dar Es Salaam with frequent field visit to support programmes implemented in different part of the country in collaboration with different partners and other relevant stakeholders. The location of this post may change depending on the evolving needs of HelpAge Programme.
Health and Care Programme Officer
Annual Gross Salary: TZS 31,903,752.00 to 32,671,344.00 plus other benefit depending on skills and experiences.
A summary of the job purpose and person specification is indicated below while the full Job Description will be available on request for further details.
The Health and Care Programme Officer will lead effective design, development and professional management and evaluation of Health and Care of programme implementation in line with HelpAge’s organisational policies, values and frameworks; providing strategic leadership to achieve health and care services for older men and women and people with disabilities (PwDs). Responsible for the effective management of funded programmes ensuring compliance to donor contracts and standard project and financial management are strictly adhered to. The HCPO is a key member of the senior management team in Tanzania (SMT).
- A medical doctor or public health specialist who have practised at least for 3 years.
- Minimum five years in a management position with substantial experience in working with Government Ministries in health policy and strategy design and reforms and proven leadership in supervising staff and Managing Health and Care Department/Unit in any International organization, Government or development partner.
- Experience of developing successful funding proposals and overseeing large complex grants.
- Experience in capacity building and working with local organizations.
- Ability to coach and mentor diverse partners across several regions.
- Ability to work under pressure and to short deadlines.
- Communication, and reporting skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrable interest and knowledge in gender and ageing issues
- Experience of closely working with the media for public awareness
- Fluency in Kiswahili and English
- Experience of working with Government (Republic of Tanzania and Zanzibar)
Contract Period is six months (6 Months) with potential for renewal.
How to Apply:
Candidates who meet these requirements should send an email requesting for the full Job Description before applying. Interested applicant should send his/her CV and cover letter stating how he/she meets the key competencies through email, to: email@example.com copy firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be sent before 30th January 2024. HelpAge Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.