Heads of Sales Operation Job at Serengeti Breweries Limited From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve. Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people. Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
Heads of Sales Operation Job at Serengeti Breweries Limited
SBL was incorporated in 1988 as Associated Breweries Limited and changed its name to Serengeti Breweries Limited in 2002 and commenced commercial operations in 1996 with one brewery in Dar es Salaam. The company was acquired by EABL in October 2010 and has three breweries located in Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Moshi.
SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brand portfolios include Guinness and Plisner. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirit brands such as Johnnie Walker®, Smirnoff Vodka®, Bailey’s Irish Cream ®, Richot®, Bond 7 Whiskey® and Gilbeys Gin®.
Scope of the role
The S & OM role will be critical to the overall SBL short, medium and long-term strategy and expected to work with a team composed of Divisional Team Leaders, Sales Capability & Development Manager
Purpose of Role
- This role is located within the SBL Sales Department. The Sales and Operations role takes on the responsibility of determination of the resources and direction required, key issues and impediments affecting the business from a sales front and getting value from the deployment of resources into the sales department.
- To this effect, an understanding of the business in terms of the products, customers, consumers, internal ways of working and industry complexities is crucial to the delivery of this role. This role has key influence on volume/profit and is required to manage the Divisional Team to achieve Distributor and Retail performance objectives through their teams
- Building a clear sales strategy and plans for short, medium and long term to protect and grow Beer & Spirits volumes and market share, monitoring of sales performance, coordination of sales operations (OTIF), Coordination of all sales projects and Benchmarking against good sales practices across Diageo markets and other industries.
- Co-ordinate all Sales Leadership meetings.
- Responsible for insight generation for the sales function and development of planning strategies such as capacity planning / contact & coverage. Development of plans for execution by the sales force, as part of the JUBP process.
- Manage Sales fleet
- To support the Sales Function with conceptual and strategic reports based on market research and internal management information systems which enables the Building of a clear sales strategy and plans for short, medium and long term to protect and grow business volumes and market share, monitoring of sales performance, coordination of sales operations (OTIF), Coordination of all sales projects and Benchmarking against good sales practices across Diageo markets and other industries. Deliver Sustainable Competitive advantage through:
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
Business Strategy Support Accuracy of forecasting model ensured Volume trend correlation analysis report (Seasonality, RRP, GDP, Inflation, competitive activity) is developed and maintained. Monitor current and emerging trends in the sales front end of the business, recommending and pushing through breakthrough strategy that affects sales execution Deliver superior operational support to the sales team within budget Coordinate all sales projects and ensuring that the desired results are achieved. Accelerate RTC implementation to deliver significant distribution gains and beat competition Promote a culture of continuous improvement in the dept. Ensure compliance with safety requirements at the work environment. Actively support the step change agenda in sales capability Take the lead in ensuring that transformation in commercial standards and sales execution at retail and distributor level is delivered as called out by the business
Sales Data Management Work closely with the field sales team to provide sufficient reporting and dashboard management for the sales force by developing efficient systems to measure and support sales team performance. Ensure availability of accurate Sales reports and submitted timeously for effective business decision making Volume target computation based on utilisation of available trends & insights Ensure communication of sales targets and achievements to key stakeholders – CDs, Sales staff, internal stakeholders, etc Implement and resolve all Sales Incentive Plan issues to ensure achievement of sales targets hinged on clearly defined KPIs with well-defined pictures of success Effective management of all sales tools of trade and with mitigation plan
Sales Administration: Actively support the management of all initiatives related to the execution of all innovations Ensure availability of fit for purpose regional Sales Offices Ensure effective management of all IS solutions which facilitates organisational and salesforce effectiveness and institute interventions to ensure maximum benefit Lead and manage annual sales target planning and S&OP Volume performance report Ensure that all AD have up to date & relevant contracts with the business Ensure that all relevant customer service related activities are delivered to expected standards with expected OTIFNE scores achieved Manage and lead SLT/CLT cycle meetings as well as organise and lead all Sales/AD Conferences Manage the payment process to ensure prompt payment to all suppliers and contractors/contract staff Own, manage and lead on all budget issues of the function to ensure efficient budget control Initiate, manage and lead all Capex procurement for the function Manage all administrative processes of the function – sales staff database, logistics, time off/leave rooster, effective deployment & monitoring the utilisation of the sales function fleet et al Manage all communications of all sales initiatives to internal and external customers Lead and manage all the GAR/CoBC processes of the function to ensure continuous compliance – proper records management especially customer consideration PACEs and M&Es Actively support the staff recruitment process and specifically ensure that the relevant functional induction is achieved Ensure efficient processing & timely resolution of customer complaints. Ensure that the called out Ways of Work are fully adhered to with clear consequences management tools & processes in place to achieve enforcement and/or compliance. Actively take the lead & support the development of effective cross-functional team working Manage Sales Fleet
A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- At least five 7 years Sales or relevant Industry related experience in FMCG, with a minimum of 5 years field sales experience at managerial experience ideally beverage related with experience in dealing with Customers at all levels
- Experienced in Significant portfolio and category knowledge which is applied to understanding how best to service both customers & consumers
- Ability to recognize business critical activities and ensure organization is fully lined up to support.
- Ability to translate business objectives in to benefits for customers and consumers in a compelling commercial argument
- Excellent P&L literacy
- Worker Type :
Dar es Salaam
Additional Locations :