Head Teacher job at Ufalme Schools April 2023
Head Teacher job at Ufalme Schools April 2023
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, April 24 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam, East Africa
Direct Reports : School Administration Manager
Dotted Line Manager: School Director / Senior Pastor
Summary of the Head Teachers Roles and Responsibilities:
• Providing the school with an educational vision.
• Design school’s aims and objectives and implement policies.
• Developing and maintaining school policies and rules.
• Ensure school policies, rules and regulations are adhered by student and staff in collaboration with discipline coordinator.
• Supervise and evaluate school policy effects and take action where necessary.
• Design and implement strategies for school growth and development.
• Develop creative and responsive approaches to teaching and learning in collaboration with academic coordinator.
• Design and Implement Parent and teachers meetings : develop agendas, arrange for speakers and meeting minutes with parents.
• Manage staff attendance to work; ensure staff sign in and sign out after work
• Handle emergency cases and safety procedures in collaboration with security guards.
• Engage self-learning by ensuring a culture and spirit of support and challenge.
• Exhibit and express high expectations and establish community targets.
• Assess, organize and execute flexible curriculum and effective assessment framework.
• Strategize development of emerging technologies to extend learning experience.
• Plan, support and assess individuals and teams’ work to ensure task delegation.
• Ensure a reasonable teacher-staff school work balance.
• Sustain staff performance management effective systems and incorporate teachers’ appraisals and targets for School’s achievement.
• The motivation, management, and discipline of staff.
• Making sure that teachers have access to important educational resources
• Overseeing the recruitment process within the school
• Creating and maintaining a positive, organized, and rewarding teaching and learning environment.
• Listening to staff and students about issues in the school and reacting accordingly.
• Organizing school events, ensure teachers design and implement students extracurricular/learning activities.
• Keeping up to date with new educational innovations and technologies. Manage school social medias accounts and make them active (What’s app groups, Facebook, Instagram and Website)
• Making sure that parents are informed about school news and their child’s development.
• Reporting the school’s performance and developments to the local community
• Resolving major behavioural issues with students.
• Working with the police and other emergency services to ensure the safety of everyone on the school grounds.
• Ensure students and staff safeguarding .
• Ensure school environment is clean, attractive and environmental conservation.
• Contribute to fundraise for school charity activities
Summary of the Responsibilities as teacher:
• Responsible for carrying out the professional duties at school in accordance with the school’s policies, under the direction of the Administration Manager and Director/ Senior Pastor.
• Teacher must place student learning as their highest priority.
• Teacher is responsible for ensuring effective learning in a context in which students feel understood, safe and confident.
• Teacher must use a constructivist approach, and follow the English Medium curriculum programmes.
• Teacher should support a diverse range of learning needs, and actively promote international-mindedness.
• Teacher is responsible for “challenging, inspiring and supporting all our students to fulfil their potential and improve the world.”
• Contribute to school growth and inspire parents to enroll their Children’s
Planning and Organization: Teachers will display developed planning and organizational skills:
• Construct written units and lesson plans to guide teaching.
• Develop new methods and materials to meet changing curriculum needs
Instructional Techniques: Teachers will demonstrate the use of a variety of teaching methods that support and exemplify the values of Ufalme Schools:
• Utilize effective assessment techniques to facilitate student growth
• Display a thorough understanding of typical developmental characteristics of the taught age group.
• Use a variety of instructional methods, and differentiate effectively to facilitate different learning styles for children and abilities.
• Actively review, reflect and revise subjects for improvement.
• Establish high, but attainable, learning expectations that are clear to all.
Classroom Management and Organization:
Teacher will maintain a positive and stimulating classroom environment through effective classroom management skills:
• Actively engage children in learning activities
• Manage classroom routines consistently and effectively.
• Maintain an orderly learning environment.
• Maintain a positive social and emotional tone in the classroom.
• Establish high, but attainable, behavioral expectations that are clear to all.
• Provide engaging, dynamic and student-centered classroom environment.
• Assessment and Reporting: Teachers will use a wide variety of appropriate student assessments.
• Assess skills and concept understanding frequently and appropriately for different developmental levels and learning styles.
• Maintain clear assessment records
ProfessionalResponsibilities: Teachers will display a professional attitude and ethic.
• Consistently meet the Ufalme Schools Norms of Collaboration, center responsibilities, deadlines and working hours.
• Seek professional development opportunities and willingly share professional knowledge with colleagues.
• Actively participates in school meetings, in-service presentations, assemblies and school events.
• Communicates and plans in a positive, collaborative manner.
• Dresses in a professional manner.
Contributions to the Wider Life of the School:
Teachers will contribute to the wider life of the school:
• Supervise students outside of the classroom in an active manner.
• Work with the administration to help foster a positive school culture.
• Contribute to school initiatives, such as working committees, extra-curricular activities, assemblies, school events
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
• Experience: 3+ years of teaching and School Leadership experience
• Must have a Bachelor Degree in Education and other relevant teaching and leadership certification. Business Administration qualification or Masters’ Degree will be an added advantage.
• Fluently speaking and writing English
• Awareness of Government of Tanzania education rules, regulations and compliances.
• Excellent communication skills in spoken and written form
• Sound decision making, solutions focused,
• Knowledge of child protection and health and safety
• Willingness and ability to work collaborate effectively with colleagues
• Highly effective relationship developer with a variety of stakeholders
• Knowledge of English Medium Standards and Practices
• Collaborative team player, empathetic listener
• Integrity and confidentiality
• Strategic thinker, able to convert vision into action
• Internationally minded, emotional intelligence
• Intercultural awareness, creative, persuasive
• Flexible and capable of managing growth and instilling high standards
• Adept in multilingual settings, spirited, pioneering, professional and nurturing Responsibilities
Teacher will use effective personal and professional communication skills:
• Set an example and encourage socially acceptable behavior eg: correct usage of language and manner.
• Maintain a professional and positive tone in both oral and written communication with children, colleagues and parents.
• Use appropriate writing for school communications, editing as necessary.
• (g) Provide free and easy communication between home and school using diaries, phone call etc.
Job application procedure
Send your cover letter, CV and copies of certificate through firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline 30th April 2023.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.