Head of SME & Regions at Airtel Tanzania August 2023, Head of SME & Regions at Airtel Tanzania,Airtel Tanzania PLC was launched in October 2001 and is Tanzania’s most innovative mobile phone operator, which has introduced many “firsts” in the telecommunications sector. Airtel Tanzania PLC is looking for a suitable candidate for the Head of SME & Regions Position under Enterprise Department.
Head of SME & Regions at Airtel Tanzania
Airtel Tanzania PLC is one of the leading providers of telecommunications and mobile money services with operations across Tanzania. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, Airtel Tanzania ranks amongst the top 3 mobile services providers in Tanzania in terms of subscribers. Airtel Tanzania offers an integrated suite of telecommunications solutions to its subscribers, including mobile voice, data services as well as mobile money services both nationally and internationally. Airtel Tanzania aims to continue providing a simple and intuitive customer experience through streamlined customer journeys.
Responsible for overall Data and voice strategic planning of the department direction in alignment with the general vision of company and proper coordination with other departments. Maintains effective communication with managers across the company to ensure proper sensitivity to the needs of sales operations.
In liaison with business enterprise, to assist in prioritizing of projects, ensures that projects align with the best technology that provides maximum return on investments and direct business enterprise strategy in support of the overall business. Also support in overall preparation of reports and plans for the Group while ensuring follow up of agreed targets in an effort to enhance smooth co-ordination of operations. To ensure that Manager and Director are provided with appropriate reports, analysis, knowledge, and meaningful information on a timely basis to make informed business decisions.
1.Implementation and administration of SME and Regional Business sales policies and programs within guideline and established best practices and market standards
- Accurately forecast annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams
- Design and implement corporate data strategy
- Own the Fixed data revenue stream and grow the segment
- Discuss strategic issues with executive management
- Develop proposals for corporate and SME growth in the country
- Analyze business opportunities and set priorities.
- Formulate and present business plan proposals
- Initiate and monitor performance and take corrective action required
- Liase with budgeting & reporting to formulate a draft departmental budget and set targets for direct reports
- Define and optimize work processes
- Be up to date on all sales and marketing activities within Airtel and competitors.
2.Formulation and implementation of business planning for SME segments in line with Enterprise strategy in order to steer the department towards realization of business objectives. Establishes and manages effective programs to address the following issues:
- New account sales and sales operations growth
- Retention activities for both SMEs and Regional Accounts
- Enhancement of professional service revenue
- Sales of emerging products/services
- Proactive competitive strategies and targeted sales campaign
- Proper use and level of sales support Management of department expenses
3.Maintains expertise on company’s product and services to effectively manage sales activities;Guide the SME and Regional team in terms of the science and Art of Enterprise Sales Evaluates effectiveness of lower-level managers /supervisors and sales reps; recommends necessary changes.
- Manages, develops and motivates staff:
- Oversees activities of personnel (Hires, coaches, appraises, motivates, rewards, disciplines, recommends termination as necessary)
- Manage the launch, product life cycle, pricing, channel and promotional strategies for products in alignment with global objectives
4.Increase Market share; Increase SME market share by expanding Visibility networks and fill gaps in both existing and new markets Create and build scalable alternative indirect sales channels that support products sales within the SME Markets aligned with Business Markets strategy SMB Market intelligence &
5.Customers’ pre-sales & post-sales enquiries and works orders, commercial documents, dealings with customers are promptly attended to, documented and kept Customer Satisfaction; Understand and appreciate market trends, competitors’ movement and industry information so as to serve customers better.
- Achieve high customer satisfaction with decision makers.
- Provide one-stop ICT experience to customers regarding all Airtel services. lead bids or RFPs to ensure proposals are submitted in order to win; ensure that all
Educational Qualification, Experience & Competencies
Education and Certification Must Have A degree in Marketing or Commerce from a recognized/accredited university/college. MBA is an added advantage.
Must have 10 years’ Experience in Corporate Sales in Telecoms & banking Industry 5 years’ Experience in managing personnel IT literacy Hands-on and able to operate in a performance-driven organization Good Analytical Skills Head of SME & Regions at Airtel Tanzania
Skills and Competencies
- Able to operate in a performance driven organization Good organizational and teamwork skills Self-motivated, enthusiastic, energetic Attention to detail Confident, assertive with good negotiation skills Excellent time Management Skills Customer-centric.
The deadline for the Application is August 25th, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of, among others, their race, disability, their race, disability, religion or gender. All employment opportunities are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.\