Vacancy at Save the Children Global Ventures
Head, Children’s Impact Endowment Fund, Vacancy at Save the Children Global Ventures
At Save the Children Global Ventures we are working with technology start-ups and investors to give children a better world. Our work complements traditional grant-making and philanthropy with an increased use of innovative financing instruments, including loans, guarantees and blended finance funds.
About the job
Do you have specialist experience designing impact funds from the ground up? Is this expertise underpinned by a desire to scale up technology to achieve breakthroughs for children? If so, you may be the perfect addition to a new team working with start-ups and investors to give children a better world through innovation.
No ordinary not-for-profit:
Save the Children was the first global movement for children, boldly declaring that children have rights. Today, the organisation champions the rights of the world’s 2.3 billion children through work in over 100 countries with a mission to ensure that all children survive, learn and are protected.
Save the Children Global Ventures (SCGV) is a new, Save the Children entity sourcing and structuring products that combine the best of Save the Children’s global delivery platform with innovative finance and new technology to solve some of the most pressing problems facing children. One way we’ll do this is through the establishment and expansion of three new impact funds to invest in social enterprises whose products address the needs of vulnerable children and can help Save the Children improve its work in the longer term.
Where you come in:
As SCGV’s first Head of the Children’s Impact Endowment Fund, you will oversee a new, global endowment fund designed to support social enterprises at the startup level, bolstering Save the Children’s mission by investing in and scaling up innovation designed to achieve breakthroughs for children around the world.
Specifically, you will make an impact by:
- Designing and operationalising elements of the new Children’s Impact Endowment Fund;
- Developing a pipeline of investment-worthy social enterprises in coordination with a wider team;
- Supporting internal and external engagement with the new Fund, especially from Save the Children member organisations and country offices;
- Identifying potential donors to the Fund; and
- Co-ordinating post-investment monitoring and support.
The position will report directly to the SCGV CEO and will work closely with colleagues across a global team, including heads of SCGV’s other impact funds. The position entails a full-time, 12-month, fixed-term employment contract with the possibility of becoming a permanent position in the future. A remote work arrangement is expected however optional office space may be available subject to your location.
Does this sound like you?
To be successful in this role, you will need a deep knowledge of impact investing, ideally with entrepreneurs in the East Africa region. You must have strong business acumen, be an exceptional relationship manager, and possess drive, creativity, ambition, and a track record of achievement. SCGV is a new entity, functioning very much like a start-up, and we are seeking a self-starter who thrives in this type of dynamic work environment.
This role requires:
- Demonstrated experience in impact investing, ideally in Africa;
- Experience fundraising/business development and managing investor relations;
- Experience measuring social impact;
- Exceptional strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Exceptional business writing skills, including ability to write clear and concise reports;
- A track record of achieving excellent results through collaboration with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- English fluency (other relevant languages, including French and Swahili are preferred but not required); and
- Ability to travel regionally and internationally as necessary.
Working at Save the Children Global Ventures is more than just a job.
It’s being part of an innovative, impact-focused team and the feeling of knowing that your work is contributing to making the world a better place for children. In addition to a connection to social causes, you will have access to:,
- Professional development opportunities;
- Friendly and highly flexible work environment;
- Agile work environment including working from home and flexible hours; and
- Competitive remuneration.
We’d love to hear from you. Please submit your cover letter and resume by selecting from the options in the ‘Apply’ section below.
Applications close: 4PM AEST 12th December 2022
For a position description, please see our main advert at www.savethechildren.org.au/about-us/careers.
Save the Children is committed to providing and maintaining a safe working environment for its employees and client groups, consistent with our obligations under OH&S legislation. Successful applicants are required to provide evidence of vaccination against COVID-19, or proof of medical exemption.
We have tested our application process with diverse groups in mind, with the intent to ensure it’s straightforward and accessible for all to apply. Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our culture and improve our ability to reach our most vulnerable client groups. But we also know there is no one-size fits-all when it comes to recruitment – so if we didn’t quite hit the mark for you, please let us know! We’re dedicated to ensuring Save the Children is a workplace suitable for all people and can modify our processes to suit you – no matter your race, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexuality, neurodiversity, culture and beliefs.
Save the Children is a child-safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo a criminal background check, a Working with Children Check where necessary, and sign our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct. We also support the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.