Financial Reporting & Compliance Analyst Jobs at Airtel Tanzania Limited is the third-largest mobile network operator in Tanzania operated by Airtel Africa, which is a subsidiary of Bharti Airtel of India, behind Vodacom Tanzania and Tigo Tanzania. As of September 2017, Airtel Tanzania had 10.6 million voice subscribers.
The Role Holder’s duties will include, but not be limited to:
1.Compliance to accounting standards;
• Checking correctness of journal entries before they are posted into Oracle accounting system.
• General ledger sanity checks.
• Completing various Group reports and other financial reporting and compliance reports
• Responsible to facilitate various reporting and compliance audits
• Creation of accounts in Oracle and keeping track on all changes
• Verification of all posted documents against compliance with various policies and procedures
• Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, daily and periodic.
• Compilation of monthly GL reconciliation files for review by team leader and finance manager.
• Regular checks on correctness of various balances in GL.
• Follow up on reconciling items to make sure they are cleared timely
• Month end facilitation – making sure that all postings including accruals and reversals have been booked
• Daily GL management making sure that GL account balances are correct and valid.
2.Compliance to various control policies;
• Daily checks on compliance of various control policies and reporting any discrepancy or non compliance.
• Assist month end closure
• Ensure all documents are properly filed.
• Custodian of all documents under financial reporting and compliance section.
• Follow up to ensure that adequate documentation exist for all GL balances.
Academic and Qualifications and Experience:
• A university degree in Finance/ Accounting or related field.
• Professional accounting qualification ACCA, CPA (T) – Final stage
• Proficiency in Microsoft office suite, Sound Financial Accounting knowledge
• Preferable a minimum of 5 year of industry track record mostly gained in Financial Reporting .
• Telecom experience is desirable.
Competencies & Skills Critical to the role
• Decision Making and Problem Solving
• Initiative and Change Driven
• Effective Communication
• Demonstrated track record of increasing levels of responsibility and results
• Willingness to learn, be challenged and grow in a fast-paced environment
• Able to operate in a performance driven organization
• Good organizational and teamwork skills
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, energetic
• Attention to detail
• Confident, assertive with good negotiation skills
• Excellent time Management Skills
|Experience in Months||60|
|Level of Education||Bachelor Degree|
Job application procedure
Interested applicants? Click here to apply