Financial Advisor Jobs at Tanzania Mentors Action (TMA)
TMA intends to be part of the effort to attain Tanzania Development Vision 2025 which seeks to provide the direction and philosophy for a long-term development. The vision is on Tanzania achieving a high quality of livelihood for its citizens, peace, stability and unity, good governance, a well-educated and learned society and competitive economy capable of producing sustainable growth of the country.
- post-graduate qualification in Public Finance, Accounting, Economics, or another related
- Demonstrated experience in technical assistance and capacity building of PFM for local.
government for not less than 10 years in planning, budgeting, revenue and taxation,
accounting, public procurement, and internal and external audit at the central or local levels
- Demonstrated experience delivering institutional strengthening assistance to national.
and/or sub-national entities in public financial management.
- Demonstrated experience designing PFM training materials or manuals.
- Demonstrated experience carrying out PFM trainings, especially with staff at the local and
central government level.
- A strong understanding of the current PFM landscape in Tanzania, including relating.
- Interpersonal skills are tremendously important as the candidate will be the primary.
interlocutor with government and other stakeholders, and must set a positive, motivating,
and constructive tone for mentees/advise.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to demonstrate integrity – particularly in relation to prevention of / response to fraud.
- A candidate with CPA will have an added advantage.
- Professional experience in Tanzania.
Duties and Responsibility of the PFM Expert
- Provide technical support for institutionalization of interoperability and alignment of
PlanRep with the Government of Tanzania Centralized Budget Management Systems
(CBMS) and country sector plans.
- Provide technical support in implementation of MUSE including its interoperability with
- Provide technical support in the completion of the automation of relevant PFM information
into the Integrated Monitoring and Evaluation system (iMES)
- Provide technical support to establish process and support system to routinize the use of
FFARS and PlanRep at service delivery operating units in the health, education, and
- Provide technical support to institutionalize the “DFF Management Framework” in
procurement and management of funds transferred to facility bank accounts including
support for the appropriate policy establishment.
- Support capacity building through training and mentoring across LGA to help them obtain.
Clean Audit Opinion from the CAG
Tanzania Mentors Action (TMA)
HQ office Dodoma, Plot no 92, Itega Kizota , Tel +255 735850950, P.O.BOX 4278,
Dodoma. Dar Branch Office, Plot no 1486, Msasani Peninsula, P.O.BOX 105006, Dar Es
Salaam. Tel +255 222600412/3, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: www.tma.or.tz
- Support institutionalization of PFM related trainings example (IPSAS Module) into
distance learning for the benefit of both LGA and Central Government
- Provide support in strengthening output-based budgeting into the Government of Tanzania
- Participate in PFM meetings under PFMRP and other development partners (DPs) who are
implementing PFM related interventions to foster PS3+ collaboration with other DPs.
- Support extension of FFARS and PlanRep to villages/mitaa and wards
- Provide support to strengthening internal Audit Capacity (e.g., rollout of GIAMIS) at LGA
and central level in collaboration with the Government of Tanzania and other implementing
and development partners
- Contribute to finalization of the development of the DFF and other implementing and
- Provide technical support to in LGA and facility staffs to implement DFF according to DFF.
Management Framework including training in areas that have challenges.
- Support institutionalization of DFF Management Framework in procurement of
management of funds transferred to facility bank account.
- Provide technical support in monitoring and evaluation of DFF implementation.
- Compile challenges that are observed during DHFF implementation, especially those.
related to PFM and coordinate with PORALG finance department to come up with
interventions to address them.
- Work with PORALG to develop simple guidelines to interpret national policies related to
PFM aspects so that facilities will understand easily.
Reporting. The PFM Advisor will report technically to PFM Director and Administratively to
Regional Cluster Coordinator.
Working Station. The PFM Advisor will be stationed at the respective regional Cluster officers.
Application Process Financial Advisor Jobs at Tanzania Mentors Action (TMA)
- Please submit your cover letter, updated CV, and contact information for three references, not later than 24th January 2023 before 5.00pm to email@example.com
- Hard copies, personal visits or phone calls to this office are discouraged and therefore will not be considered.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- All application later should be address to Chief Executive Officer, Tanzania Mentors Action, BOX 4278, Dodoma.