Finance Assistant at International Organization for Migration August 2023, Tanzania Jobs » NGO and Social Work Jobs, The UN system in Tanzania provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, diversity, integrity, a healthy balance of work and life and equal opportunities for all, including persons with disability
Finance Assistant at International Organization for Migration
- SVN IOM/DAR/026/2023
- Position title Finance Assistant-1 Position
- Position grade G-4
- Duty station Dar es salaam, United Republic of Tanzania
- Durations 6 months (with possible extension)
- Position number To be created
- Job family Support
- Organizational unit Resource Management Unit
- Country office-based Position Country Office
- Position rated on Not applicable/Pre-classified
- Reports directly to Resource Management Officer
- Overall Supervised by Chief of Mission
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Dar es
salaam and direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer (RMO) in Dar es salaam, in coordination with Senior Finance Assistant; the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following duties and tasks, Extract and input data from various sources in financial or accounting systems. Respond to accounting, budget or financial queries regarding data from staff in the unit and elsewhere. Assist in the preparation of the payroll by executing validity checks on monthly payroll results. Review all types of payments starting from purchase to payment requests verifying that they are duly authorized, and all the supporting documents are attached therewith.
Create new Vendor Accounts in PRISM. Verify vendor requests for accuracy and conformance with IOM finance policies and instructions. Perform claim verifications against documentation to ensure that purchases/services are properly authorized and that the goods have been received or services rendered. Prepare necessary receipt and journal vouchers Assist in the preparation of budget, accounting, financial, statistical reports, and other reports as required. Provide assistance to all staff services such as travel, expense claims, document retrieval, etc. Ensure proper and systematic filling of all posted payments and other accounting documents according to the established standards. Responsible for the Petty Cash of the office; and perform other related duties as required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma with four years of relevant experience; or, bachelor’s degree in business administration, Accounting, Finances, or related fields with two years of relevant professional experience.Finance Assistant at International Organization for Migration
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook; previous experience in SAP is a distinct advantage.
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way.
- Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things; and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
Time management and planning for accounting cycles.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a team of colleagues.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CV’s and cover letter indicating Vacancy Number with 3 professional references and contacts to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org the vacancy is open for both internal and external Tanzanian nationals only. Only e-mail applications will be considered. The deadline for submitting the application is 06 September 2023