Debt Credit Analyst at NBC January, 2024, NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
Debt Credit Analyst at NBC
Overseeing Debt and Capital Market Analyst within CIB, by ensuring timely assessment and evaluation of credit applications (new and/ or existing) while ensuring compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations.
A credit profession acting as Debt and Credit Analyst expert to the relationship team and the conduit to the credit risk function for sanctioning purpose.
Responsible for developing practical and appropriate credit solutions (i.e. lending structures through understanding of customer’s needs).
Delivering high quality and consistent credit applications/recommendations. Monitor and Control on nominated accounts within designated portfolio (s).
Maintain data integrity in the CCRS and ensuring financial information are updated on regular basis
RECOMMENDED: NECTA Vacancies January, 2024
- Accountability: Understanding the Credit/Solutions development:
- Origination and execution across a diverse range of product areas within debt and credit analyst.
- Work as a product specialist directly with our clients at top management level to create and deliver financing solutions through debt financing.
- Develop a strong understanding of market fundamentals and be able to make market-informed contributions on a broad array of financing strategies that address clients’ specific needs.
- Design highly tailored presentations for clients to outline solutions to their financing needs such as general corporate financing, acquisition financing.
- Work on live transactions and interact with clients and professionals from across the Bank as you build your network and experience.
- Work closely with Investment Banking teams on client coverage and origination.
- Preparation of credit applications for recommendations to the sanctions.
- Preparation and completion of clients’ Annual Reviews.
- Assess the credit risk profile of the corporate portfolio, maintaining alignment with risk appetite by re-balancing any risks or controls that may be required in responses to internal and external factors.
- Work with other stakeholders (eg FM, TB, Risk, and Legal) in structuring credit solutions for the clients and ensuring the appropriateness of the products.
- Responsible for end-to-end credit application processes by the Credit Analysts, including reviewing the submitted credit applications and other relevant documentation, and ensure in-depth analysis of various risks, quality presentation and fast credit approval.
- Provide technical support to the team, ensuring improvement in quality of the credit submissions and hence effectively managed the agreed SLA’s.
- Supervising the credit analysis team on ensuring proper monitoring of Risk Triggers, Covenants and other credit conditions, ensuring timely escalation of problematic accounts is done as per internal processes.
- Take and or recommend remedial/ appropriate actions for deteriorating exposure identified during the review process.
- Work in partnership with RMs on new and existing credit applications, providing guidance on credit appetite and consulting with Credit Team as appropriate.
- Liaise directly with the sanctioning office for all credits that are outside local Risk management or the Relationship Manager’s personal discretion.
- Attend customer meetings with the Relationship manager if credit related issues are to be discussed/need to be resolved.
- Proactively contribute to embedding agreed change management initiatives in support of process and quality improvements, cost reduction.
- Support and contribute to specific industry focus as determined by the Corporate/Credit teams.
- Accountability: Portfolio management – Monitoring and Control
- Responsible for managing financial information produced by customers.
- Responsible for managing the end-to-end process for risk reports, challenging relationship managers where control lapses or potential risk has been identified.
- Monitor and Control quality of portfolio using Condition of sanction triggers where possible. Discussing with Sanctioner deteriorating trends and trigger events if they give cause of concern advising the Relationship Manager simultaneously.
- Accountability: Teamwork
- Support the Team leaders in delivering effective performance development for individuals within the team.
- Drive proactive application of Barclays guiding Principles both personally and throughout the team and coach and support colleagues within the Team.
- Analytical and numerate
- Communication and presentation skills
- IT skills (Excel Advance Stage)
- Negotiation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Experiences & Qualifications:
- Proven experience in Debt structuring and financial analysis role at junior management level gained within the bank or at other financial institutions.
- Excellent understand of credit and associated risks.
- Experienced user of CCRS or similar system to analyse, monitor and report on the credit applications.
- Good skills that have been proven in a business or credit environment at management level.
- Accreditation on use of CCRS would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge, Expertise and Experience:
- Debt structuring and analysis knowledge – Analysis and deal structuring.
- Products and services frequently used by customers.
- Detailed knowledge of credit techniques
- Awareness of legislation affecting the Bank and customers having the highest regard for confidentiality
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Credit Risk (Meets all of the requirements), Digital familiarity (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Experience in a similar environment at junior specialist level, Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Reasoning (Meets all of the requirements)
READ ALSO: UBA Group Vacancies January 2024