Data Officer (8) Posts at MDH February 2023
Data Officer (8) Posts at MDH February 2023 Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large.
These priorities include communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening.
MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health (MoH); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others. MDH seeks a qualified individual to fill the position below.
Job Title: Data Officer
Reports to: Officer.
Deadline:21st February 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Entering quickly and accurately clinical, laboratory, tracking or other forms into database under the monitoring of District Data Coordinator, Data Supervisor and reporting to the Site Manager.
- Producing, reviewing and sharing as per agreed schedule weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for various program areas such as HTS, index testing, enhanced PITC, PMTCT and TB/HIV.
- Routinely analyzing and producing lists of patients for follow up such as missing appointment, LTFU, Viral Load, etc.
- Facilitating simple data analysis and interpretation at the facility level to encourage data use for planning and decision making at the facility level.
- Communicating both verbally and in writing with supervisors regarding forms with problems.
- Monitoring various databases at the facility and communicate both verbally and in writing with supervisors regarding database challenges.
- Reconciling differences between different databases by running queries, reviewing appropriate form and correcting all differences.
- Locating and review archived or filed forms if necessary.
- Attending data staff meetings at the specified times.
- Communicating both verbally and in writing suggestions for improvements to data entry or data flow to supervisors.
- Performing other data tasks as assigned.
Requirements, Education, work experience and skills
- Diploma in Computer Science, Health Informatics, Statistics or Information and Communication Technology (ICT) or related field. 1. A minimum of two (2) years’ experience working as a data entry officer in the HIV/AIDS program settings. 1. Analytical and problem-solving skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills. 2. Ability to communicate fluently in both English and Kiswahili. 3. Ability to work both individually and as part of a team with minimal supervision. 4. Ability to maintains confidentiality in all aspects.
Special Employment Condition
How to Apply:
To Apply for this Job, register or login to https://recruitment.mdh.or.tz/ and from the Dashboard click on Search Vacancies button.
The deadline for submitting the application is 21 February 2023.