Credit Officer – Regulatory Reporting Analysis and Compliance
ABSA Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
To operate as a member of the Retail Credit Team but with specific responsibility for:
- The management of the submission of customer credit information to credit reference bureaus.
- The timely provision of correct and accurate credit reports to the Bank of Tanzania [BoT]
Main accountabilities and approximate time split
- Regulatory Reporting, Analysis and Compliance (80%)
- The preparation, analysis and reporting of customer credit information to the Credit Reference Bureaus through the Credit Reference Databank.
- The incumbent will be responsible for the management and timely resolution of disputes relating to customer’s credit bureau records and ratings in accordance with the requirements of The Bank of Tanzania (Financial
- Consumer Protection) Regulations 2019.
- Manage end to end preparation of the credit related Bank of Tanzania [BoT] Reports (Adhoc, Daily, Weekly, Bi-weekly, Monthly etc.).
- Monitoring and ensuring that the retail credit business function is operating in an appropriate manner in accordance with the Bank of Tanzania regulations, guidelines and directives.
- Maintain accurate records and data in conjunction with regulatory reporting requirements.
- Engage and Ensure full automation of all regulatory reports.
- Identify, assess, and advise on all matters relating to regulatory reporting analysis and compliance.
- To identify and report all exceptions on non-compliance with regulatory reporting requirements.
- To act as the technical specialist in the development, reviews and updating of processes, procedures and controls that govern the regulatory reporting process.
- To effect monthly reconciliation of bureau usage reports and effect payments as indicated in the service level agreements and service contracts
- Ensure full compliance with the Bank of Tanzania regulatory requirements.
- Ensure adherence to standards on Retention, Security and Confidentiality & Recovery of risk data as per Group policies.
- Ensure data quality processes are embedded into Business as Usual (BAU) activity.
- Ensure Accuracy of the financial inputs to the periodic regulatory submission.
Risk & Control Objective
- Manage risk and control effectively by applying applicable risk frameworks and embedding a positive risk culture
- Understanding of own role in the end-to-end processes in which you play a part, including applicable risks and controls.
- Adhere to Absa policies and procedures applicable to own role, demonstrating sound judgement and responsible risk management.
- Report all risk events / incidents / issues using the defined process for your business area and help to understand why these happened and how to prevent them in future.
- Proactively look for ways to improve the control environment by considering what could go wrong in the processes you operate and how errors could be prevented.
- All mandatory training completed to deadline.
Technical skills / Competencies
- Good knowledge of the Bank’s systems and various sources of data
- Some knowledge of credit analysis & statistical analysis techniques.
Personal Attributes & Skills required for the role:
- Managing relationships.
- Personal Organisation.
- Information gathering.
- Communication skills.
- Numeracy skills.
- Analytical skills.
Absa Values and Behaviors represent the set of standards which governs the actions of all of us who work for the bank and against which the performance of every one of us in Absa are being assessed and rewarded:
- I drive high performance to achieve sustainable results
- I’m obsessed with customer
- I have an African heartbeat
- I believe our people are our strengths
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
CLICK HERE TO APPLY