Community Engagement Officer job at TAHEA February 2023, TAHEA implements the ‘Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project in Dodoma and Iringa region. EpiC is a 5 years’ global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S.
Tanzania Home Economics Association (TAHEA) is a national professional organization of nutritionists, home economics, agriculturists and other related social science professionals.
TAHEA envisions ‘A democratic society with better living Conditions’; with the Mission to improve the socio-economic conditions of the society through advocacy and capacity building on agriculture, food and nutrition, health and environment in collaboration with other stakeholders.
Read Also: ZUCHU WhatsApp Group Link 2023
Agency for International Development (USAID), dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. In Tanzania, EpiC implements an HIV service delivery project among key and priority populations, adolescent girls and young women; and orphans and vulnerable children which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will support targeted prevention and case-finding strategies at the community level amongst the targeted populations.
TAHEA is seeking qualified candidate to immediately fill the following vacancy: –
The Community Engagement Officer under TAHEA will work in collaboration with Biomedical technical officers at regional levels and community in respective Council to implement HIV prevention program targeting population at risk, Vulnerable Adolescent Girls and Young women, female sex workers and MSM, s/he will monitor the implementation of the SBCC, structural and gender activities in compliance with the overall regional work plan.
S/he will play a key role in ensuring that the Community activities (SBCC, structural and gender activities) are conducted according to the National standards and Epic standard operating procedures and that beneficiaries receive quality services; s/he will also play a crucial role in supervising and building the capacity of Peer Educators, Navigators and mobilizers for effective and efficient implementation of activities during outreach activities (mobile testing and moonlight approaches) for HTS provision.
Recommended: Call For Work (Placements) Kuitwa Kazini UTUMISHI February, 2023
She will be managing all community activities through conducting progress review meetings on a monthly basis with all peers (educators, mobilizers, navigators) and health care providers.
She/he will be coordinating the case management team with health facilities and the community for the continuum of care.
Also, will be responsible for monitoring Gender-based/Intimate partners Violence cases including the status of referral and linkages.
The Community Engagement Officer will be based at Kondoa Town Council and report to the Project Manager.
Main Roles & Responsibilities Community Engagement
- Supervising and managing all peers (educators, mobilizers, navigators), by making sure community activities are well planned and implemented to facilitate Comprehensive HIV service provision (HTS, PrEP, HIVST, TB, GBV and Family planning)
- Supervision of HTS service including mobile testing, self-testing and index testing to reach key population
- Supporting AGYW/FSW/MSM Peer (Educators, mobilizers, navigators) to roll out SBCC Training among AGYW/FSW/MSM in the respective community
- Supporting Peer (educators, mobilizers, navigators) during Community works including demand creation, group education, individual education, outreach services for bot moonlight and mobile testing and client’s referrals and linkages
- Supervising and supporting the formation of PrEP groups in the project by making sure groups are managed by the team members for sustainability in the working area.
- Supervising and monitoring community activities include SBCC activities to ensure Peer (educators, mobilizers, navigators) have all required tools etc.
- Work in collaboration with LGAs in managing community engagement portfolio
- Coordinate and support the Peers (educators, mobilizers, navigators) to implement and monitor the timely implementation of comprehensive HIV services and provision of friendly services to all KVP clients
- Manage peer educators and peer navigators to ensure proper planning and implementation of community engagement related activities like demand creation, group, and individual education sessions
- Support PEs to ensure that the vulnerability index tool is administered and filed for all AGYW enrolled in the project.
- Support establishment of the case management team in conjunction with health facility
- Work with project and district officials to facilitate community engagement training to, peer educators and navigators and other relevant training required.
- Support integration of HTS with other biomedical and behavioral interventions to key populations.
- Establish effective work relationships with other stakeholders and CHMT partners on program activities
- Work with Peers (educators, mobilizers, navigators) to identify and link KVP clients to other implementing partners for psychosocial support.
- Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary program planning, development, and management activities function smoothly and efficiently and in an integrated manner
Also See: SME Credit Analyst at NBC February 2023
Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning, and Reporting
- Prepare monthly and weekly route plans for the project to reach the targeted population. Prepare document experiences, briefs, and success stories
- Monitor Peers (educators, mobilizers, navigators) and Providers implement plans and progress of community engagement portfolio as per project targets
- Provide weekly updates and monthly reports to Program Manager.
- Conducting weekly performance for Peer (educators, mobilizers, navigators) to assess performance and share areas of improvement
- Working closely with the Data Manager to evaluate data and program progress.
- Conducting monthly meetings with Providers, Peer (educators, mobilizers, navigators) to share progress in a specific month and plan for the next month.
Qualifications and other requirements specific to the role
- Medical degree holders with 3 to 5 years of relevant experience working with KVP groups at the community level; or Bachelor’s degree in public health, social work or other related degree required, 3 to 5 years of relevant experience working with KVP at the community level.
- Knowledge of health and development programs in Tanzania including familiarity with the national KVP, youth and gender guidelines, standards and protocols.
- Experience in programs serving KVP and addressing gender norms. Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of KVP and other vulnerable groups.
- Experience in working with LGA, NGOs, CBOs and health facilities to implement public health projects, especially those working with vulnerable populations.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applications are to be lodged through email: email@example.com
Candidates are required to mention the ‘Position Title’ on the subject line of the e-mail.
All applicants MUST attach a cover letter and their updated Curriculum Vitae with certified copies of academic certificates in ONE file (PDF Format) as supporting documents to their applications.
Phone calls are not allowed during the solicitation process
All applications should be submitted not later than 16:00 HRS on Friday, 3rd March, 2023