Coffee Quality Assistant at Kilimanjaro Plantation Ltd February 2023
Coffee Quality Assistant at Kilimanjaro Plantation Ltd February 2023, we are currently looking for: a young experienced, qualified, and motivated Coffee Quality Assistantto join and further develop our Quality and Logistics team and activities in a long-term perspective.
COFFEE QUALITY ASSISTANT
Location: Moshi, Kilimanjaro Region, Tanzania
Remuneration: Competitive and depending on experience.
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Who we are:
Kilimanjaro Plantation Ltd was established in 2000 and is now one of East Africa’s largest coffee farms located on the southern slope of Mount Kilimanjaro in The Kibosho – Mweka ward. It is recognized for growing and producing high-quality, sustainable, Arabica Coffee for export thereby being one of the most modern coffee farms in Tanzania. For further information please visit our website: www.kilimanjaro-plantation.com.
Being, responsible for the smooth and efficient running of the Quality and Logistics department through performing administrative and clerical duties, as well as providing reliable support for Managers, staff, and office visitors.
Tasks and responsibilities:
In this role you will report to the Quality and Logistics Manager and your responsibilities will comprise:
- All matters regarding the administration of the Quality Lab and the Department.
- Complete duties assigned by quality managers, such as handling walk-in clients, implementing quality control policies, supporting and handling certification matters, testing samples in the coffee lab, identifying faults throughout the production and handling process, and adhering to legislation and policy requirements.
- Develop suitable reporting templates and monitor overall administration.
A candidate envisaged for this role will have the following skills:
- General knowledge and experience in administration and excellent communication skills.
- Analytical management skills with accurate attention to detail, yet hands-on approach.
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Physical endurance and the ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- An understanding of international and local standards
- Experience in developing and/or successfully carrying out certification schemes.
- An ability to work well as part of a team or when working alone.
- Strong leadership, sound judgment, and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent team player
A candidate envisaged for this role will have:
- Education: Certificate, Diploma, or degree in Agronomy, Administration, or relevant field
- Work Experience: 1 – 3 years of experience in coffee Quality Control, PR, Assistant or Administrative jobs.
- Fluent in English, preferably in Swahili
- Proficient in the use of MS Office
If you are interested and believe you qualify for this role, please submit your application (CV and letter of application) in English via email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the above reference number by 18th February 2023.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.