2 New Jobs Opportunities at Church World Service August 2023, Church World Service Carrers, Tanzania Jobs CWS is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Church World Service Carrers
Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
1.Relief Development and Protection (RDP) Program Manager
The Program Manager will work directly with the Country Representative to develop a country program plan, identify programmatic and fundraising efforts, organize fundraising opportunities, develop proposals and concept notes to expand Relief Development and Protection (RDP) programming in Tanzania.Church World Service Carrers
This position will be responsible for day-to-day oversight of all CWS development and humanitarian assistance program activities and staff in coordination with Country Representative, the regional office, and other relevant agencies. The program manager will provide guidance and oversight to project manager(s) and serve as primary point of contact for programmatic activities and expansion of this portfolio.
- Develops, coordinates, and manages stakeholder engagement to ensure quality implementation and expansion of CWS’ development and humanitarian assistance programs in Tanzania.
- In coordination with Business Development team, responsible for grant writing, proposal development and organizing fundraising opportunities.
- The program manager will enhance coordination with key donors and other relevant agencies and partners within the program sector in coordination with the Country Representative the Program Manager will lead in the area of resource mobilization.
- In coordination with the Country Representative, the program Manager will represent CWS with government, intergovernmental, civil society and faith-based partners, stakeholders and forums and cultivates new relationships relevant to CWS programs and strategies.
- Leads, guides, and supervises the project Managers on planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the projects to ensure the effective and efficient execution of project deliverables.
This position reports directly to the Country Representative and oversees the Procurement Unit in Tanzania. The position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of procurement unit which include compliance with the policies, strategic planning, budget preparation, procurement planning, coordination and managing of procurement functions, vendor management, preparing procurement reports and supports the sub-offices of CWS Africa. This position directly supervises the Procurement Senior Officer and the Procurement and Admin Assistant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing sound, cost-effective strategies for the purchasing of materials used in CWS Tanzania
- Maintaining relationships with suppliers while continually scouting for additional vendors whenever need be.
- Evaluating spending operations while seeking ways to improve and enhance the quality of products purchased and the timeliness of deliveries.
- Communicating with management regularly regarding the efficient flow of goods and services affecting project implementation
- Conducting cost analyses and setting benchmarks for improvement
- Developing risk management procedures to mitigate losses in the event of product shortages.
- Supervising a purchasing team and delegating tasks across departments when necessary
- Working closely with the management to make sure contracts and terms are favorable.
- Provides direct supervision, training, monitoring and feedback to the Procurement Unit in Tanzania
- Apply for this job online
- Email this job to a friend
- Share on your newsfeed
CWS recruitment is free of charge. Church World Service (CWS) does not charge fees of any kind during the recruitment process (Submission of application, interviews, assessments, trainings, etc.). Any solicitation of funds should be reported to Fraud@CWSAfrica.org.Church World Service Carrers