CFS Operations Clerk job at APM Terminals 2023 Our team of more than 22,000 industry professionals is focused on delivering the operational excellence and solutions, which our 10,000 customers require to reach their potential. The 65 terminals in our global network are operated exclusively by APM Terminals or together with a joint venture partner. Last year (2022) we move almost 13 million containers.
CFS Operations Clerk job at APM Terminals 2023
Between 2019 and 2022, our Net Promoter Score – how we measure customer satisfaction – has risen consistently each year for both landside and shipping line customers, rising by 6 and 15 points respectively. According to Bain & Co, the source of the NPS system, our scores now lie in the favourable range. But most importantly we take the detailed feedback provided by our customers to identify areas of improvement and implement them as quickly as possible.
This is an exciting career opportunity to work in a multinational, Global 500 company that makes global trade happen. You will be interacting daily with colleagues internationally, giving you the opportunity to develop your professional skills in a global environment. We provide support for you to shape your own career by achieving expertise and learning on the job.
The purpose of this role at APM Terminals is to provide administrative and/or customer service support to multi-shift terminal operations. Serves as the point-of-contact for processing and verifying shipment documentation, tracking incoming freight and preparing packages for shipments.
- Perform Gate In / Gate Out transactions, issues Pick-up / Delivery order & EIR.
- Monitor road traffic at the gate and yard to ensure safety of all personnel at the area.
- Generates internal and external reports and share with stake holders.
- Verifies accuracy of inbound and outbound documentation
- Tracks incoming containers and provide support to resolve issues as necessary.
- Reviewing and responding to internal/external customer queries with complete, concise, and accurate response that help to resolve issues expeditiously.
- Understand the documentation process and roadblocks to creating a Bill of lading.
- Understand and interpret internal and external customer request for assistance with creating, amending, and releasing Bills of lading.
- Recognize customer dissatisfaction and take authorized action to address, resolve it and prevent in the future.
- Is a subject Matter expert for various rules and regulations regarding customs requirements?
- Assist with efficient devanning/vanning of all import and export containers.
- Assist in the safe stacking of loose cargo on pallets and made readily available for customers in the fastest way possible
- Safe handling/recording and stowage of freight in the respective bays within the warehouse
- Identifying, tallying, and sorting of freight as per the marks and numbers on the cargo manifest
- Maintain an accurate outturn report and have any cargo discrepancy or shortage reported to the CFS Supervisor.
We are looking for.
- A bachelor’s degree /High school diploma
- Minimum of 2-years’ experience in Supply Chain or Logistics with below competitive qualities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
- Must be detailed-oriented with the ability to focus on details and compare data.
- You have a self-starter attitude and are able to work independently, performing well with time-sensitive tasks coupled with a team player attitude.
- Must be organized in with work processes and documentation.
- Must be reliable with maintaining work schedules and prioritizing workload.
- Must possess excellent time management skills to manage high volume in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform well with time-sensitive tasks while maintain accuracy of data and communication.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: bachelor’s degree
Job application procedure
Interested and Qualified, Click Here To Apply
|Job Category: Administrative jobs in Tanzania
|Job Type: Full-time
|Deadline of this Job: 10 March 2023
|Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
|No of Jobs: 1
|Start Publishing: 24-02-2023
|Stop Publishing (Put date of 2030): 24-02-2077