Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit HV Electrician to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Engineering Section are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Engineering Supervisor
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines
- Knowledge of operating and switching for 220KV to 6.6KV
- Install and maintain of all electrical equipment on electrical drills to reduce unplanned maintenance and optimize availability.
- Ability to Use testing equipment, and troubleshooting complex electrical problems and develop effective resolutions
- Overhaul electrical equipment in accordance with set company policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret drawing, schematics and distribution circuit maps.
- Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings;
- Complete required testing and safety checks on electrical drills.
- Ability to Generate Power with CAT generators
- Attend to breakdowns and complete necessary fault-finding.
- Carry out defined and necessary electrical equipment checks.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems, effectively communicate and work as part of a team.
- Complete modifications to electrical drills in accordance with specified instructions.
- Under the direction of the supervisor, provide appropriate on-the-job training and coaching to less experience personnel.
- Assist and conduct incident/accident investigations
- Ensure safe working practices pertaining to high voltage electrical work, including ensuring clearances, and working on energized lines and equipment
- Implementation and execution of all tasks and instructions as instructed by superiors
- Ordinary level certificate – Form IV
- FTC certificate or Trade certificate in Electrical from a recognized training institution.
- High Voltage Certificate obtained from a recognized training institution.
- Must Possess Valid Tanzania Driving Licence Class D & E or C
5 Years’ experience on Industrial Electrical
Underground mining experience is an added advantage
Skills / Knowledge Requirements
- High voltage installations & testing including inline joins, 11kv plug termination
- Excellent interpersonal and electrical skills with the ability to assist the production electrical supervisor to lead and motivate a well-established electrical team.
- Knowledge of main consumer substations, overhead power lines, main compressors, refrigeration plants, main ventilation fans, winders and shaft operations, emergency power generators, high and low voltage installations and reticulation diagrams for underground and surface operations.
- Computer literate in the Microsoft Package Applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio
- Communication, Fluent in written and verbal in English & Swahili
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
How To Apply
- Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “ HV ELECTRICIAN ” in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 02nd September 2021
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com