Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit underground Electrician to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Engineering and Services department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Engineering Supervisor
- Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings;
- Wear the appropriate PPE for the task at hand;
- Assist and conduct incident/accident investigations;
- Comply with Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Install and maintain of all electrical equipment to reduce unplanned maintenance and optimize availability.
- Overhaul electrical equipment in accordance with set company policies and procedures.
- Complete required testing and safety checks on specified electrical equipment.
- Attend to breakdowns and complete necessary fault-finding.
- Carry out defined and necessary electrical equipment checks.
- Ensure total adherence to all safety, health and environmental procedures and guidelines as well as all other company policies and procedures.
- Complete modifications to electrical equipment in accordance with specified instructions.
- Under the direction of the supervisor, provide appropriate on-the-job training and coaching to less experience personnel.
- Implementation and execution of all tasks and instructions as instructed by superiors
- Qualification Requirements
- Ordinary/Advanced level certificate – Form IV/VI
- Electrical trade certificate – (FTC/IMTT / VETA)
- Valid driving license
- Experience Requirements
- 5 Years’ experience on industrial electrical
- Underground mining experience is added advantage
Skills / Knowledge Requirements
- Computer literate in the Microsoft Package Applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio.
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health &Safety Act awareness
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
How To Apply
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “ELECTRICIAN“ in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to: email@example.com
If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 02ndSeptember 2021
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com