Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Tribologist to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Engineering department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Foreman – Engineering
- Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings
- Wear the appropriate PPE for the task at hand;
- Assist and conduct incident/accident investigations;
- Comply with Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Comply with chemical management standard operating procedure BUL-ENV-FOR-0003.
- Comply with tools validation/calibration as per OEM recommendation
- Adhere to laboratory standard operation procedure and guidelines
- Conduct metals test and analysis of results for fresh and used oils
- Conduct viscosity test and analysis of results for fresh and used oils
- Conduct particle count test and analysis of results for fresh and used oil as per ISO 4406 Standard
- Conduct flash point test and analysis of results for diesel new batches
- Conduct dissolve gasses test and analysis of results for transformer oil
- Conduct dielectric strength test and analysis of results for transformer oil
- Ensure report for analysis of results shared with maintenance team before machine is in for PM Service.
- Conduct any other tasks assigned by Foreman Asset Reliability
Ordinary level certificate – Form IV
Laboratory Technology – (FTC, Diploma)
Must have a minimum of 3-5 Years’ experience in Oil Analysis as Chemist/ laboratory Technician
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health &Safety Act awareness
- Must have good understanding of Basic Computer Skills
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “TRIBOLOGIST “ in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to: email@example.com
If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 2rd September 2021
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling Toll-Free Number +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com