Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Paste Fill QA/QC Technician to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the mining department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Geotechnical Engineer -Paste fill
- Ensuring all tasks or activities are executed and aligned with safety standard operating procedures and safe work instructions at all times
- Performing all underground backfill inspections/audits to ensure compliance to piping support and layout standards, barricade construction standards as well as supervision of drill rig set-ups for paste hole drilling.
- Conducting routine paste borehole inspections and report on hole conditions to the backfill department.
- Doing all backfill activities carried out with minimal interruption to production work and be carried out safely
- Conduct inspections/audits to ensure adherence to piping layouts and drilling designs for the paste reticulation system.
- Conduct routine down-hole borehole surveys of paste holes and report on observed conditions. Records of this should be maintained and stored.
- Conduct inspections/audits to ensure that the QAQC paste sampling, strength and slump testing, moisture content, percentage solids, is being carried out according to the instructions and in the correct manner.
- Ensure that the recommended paste is being poured. This entails ensuring the correct slump and recipe by being present at the plant during pours.
- Liaise with Mining Engineering, Mining Services, and Paste Plant operations in all aspects of backfill
Diploma In Civil Engineering /Mining Engineering/ Geology or any equivalent
Valid Driving License
- Must have a minimum of 1 years work experience in underground mining operations
- Must have detailed knowledge and experience in perform all underground backfill inspections/audits.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health &Safety Act awareness
- Must have thoroughly understanding to perform all underground backfill inspections/audits
- WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “PASTE FILL QA/QC TECHINICAN “ in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to: email@example.com
If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 2rd September 2021
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling Toll-Free Number +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com