Boxing Quotes 2023
Boxing Quotes 2023
Here are my top 10 favorite boxing quotes. There is no surprise that the top of my list is dominated by the greatest boxing quoter of all time, Muhammad Ali. See the large boxing quote collection from which these were selected. There are also some Funny Boxing Quotes.
- “Champions aren’t made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them – a desire, a dream, a vision.”
- “I never thought of losing, but now that it’ s happened, the only thing is to do it right. That’s my obligation to all the people who believe in me. We all have to take defeats in life.”
- “The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses – behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.”
- “I’m scared every time I go into the ring, but it’s how you handle it. What you have to do is plant your feet, bite down on your mouthpiece and say, ‘Let’s go.’ “
- “A champion shows who he is by what he does when he’s tested. When a person gets up and says ‘I can still do it’, he’s a champion.”
- “You have to know you can win. You have to think you can win. You have to feel you can win.”
- “Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.”
- A champion is someone who gets up when he can’t.
- It’s less about the physical training, in the end, than it is about the mental preparation: boxing is a chess game. You have to be skilled enough and have trained hard enough to know how many different ways you can counterattack in any situation, at any moment.
- “I have always adhered to two principles. The first one is to train hard and get in the best possible physical condition. The second is to forget all about the other fellow until you face him in the ring and the bell sounds for the fight.”