Board Membership Job Vacancies at DCB Bank January 2023
Board Membership Job Vacancies at DCB Bank January 2023, ajira mpya, dcb bank jobs, nafasi za kazi, ajira mpya za benki,ajira mpya tanzania,ajira mpya 2023, job vacancies at dcb bank
DCB is a full-service retail and commercial bank in Tanzania, providing banking services to individuals, small and medium-sized businesses, and large corporate clients. The bank serves over 3 million customers across the country through a network of branches, Wakala Agents, and ATMs. In 2008, the bank was listed on the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange. DCB is seeking a dynamic and visionary leader to serve as a Non-Executive Director on the Board.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
The specific responsibility of the Non-Executive Director includes:
- Providing effective leadership in collaboration with the management team.
- Facilitating setting up of appropriate corporate governance structures for the management of the bank’s operations;
- Reviewing and approve the bank’s strategy, organizational plans, annual budget, significant expenditure proposed by the management team;
- Ensuring that key strategic risks of the bank are identified and managed; and that effective implementation of internal controls to mitigate operational risks are in place;
- Monitoring corporate performance against the strategic and tactical plans, including overseeing the operating results on a regular basis to evaluate whether the bank is properly managed;
- Reviewing and approve material transactions not in the ordinary course of activities at the bank;
- Reporting annually to the shareholders as required by DCB’s Memorandum and Article of Association; and regularly seek shareholders’ decisions on matters requiring their approval at the general meetings;
- Selecting, monitoring, evaluating performance and compensating the Managing Director, Internal Auditor and other job at the executive management level;
- Ensuring ethical behavior and compliance with laws and regulations, auditing and accounting principles, and the company’s own governing documents;
- Assessing its own effectiveness in fulfilling these and other Board responsibilities; and
- Perform such other functions as are prescribed in acts regulating the bank’s functions, that is but not limited to Bank of Tanzania and Capital Markets and Securities Authority.
- Experience in internal or external audit at a senior management level in banking or financial institution for at least five (5) years;
- A post graduate qualification in finance, business development, financial management, economics, actuarial science, marketing, law, ICT, human resources, or related field. Experience in the banking sector will bean added advantage;
- At least 10 years’ experience as a director of a medium to large size business and proven track record of effectively transforming an organisation;
- More than 3 years’ experience as a board member and of a board committee. Board experience with a listed company would be an added advantage;
- Have thorough understanding of financial management, regulatory compliance, board management, demonstrable commercial and investment acumen;
- Be a highly networked individual with ability to build and maintain relationships beneficial to the organization;
- Should not be a current member of management or board of a financial institution, or any institution whose registration or license has been revoked or canceled or which has gone into liquidation;
- No criminal record;
- No history of bankruptcy;
- Clean credit record including that of related parties;
Must have the time to devote to DCB to attend meetings and be flexible to support activities geared to business growth.
How to Apply
If you believe you clearly meet the relevant criteria for this role, please submit your application, copies of your academic and professional certificates, three testimonials, and a detailed curriculum vitae, clearly quoting the relevant reference number DCB-NED/01/2023 in the subject line of your email. To be considered, your application must be sent to Boardchair@dcb.co.tz by February 13th, 2023. Applications in hard copy will not be accepted.