Board Members at Bank of Baroda June 2023- Ajira mpya Bank of Baroda June 2023, Nafasi za kazi Bank of Baroda Bank of Baroda (Tanzania) Limited is a fully owned subsidiary of Bank of Baroda, India. Presently the Bank has branches in Dar es Salaam, Arusha, Kariakoo and Mwanza
Ajira mpya Bank of Baroda June 2023
Bank of Baroda, a leading nationalized bank in India is an international bank.
Bank of Baroda (Tanzania) Limited come back to Tanzania to play its role in the economic development of the country and well-being of the people of the United Republic of Tanzania in October 2004, continues to remain in the forefront of providing quality banking services in the Country. The Bank is providing full-fledged banking operations and serving the people in all walks of life. The bank is financing to traders, manufacturers, retailers, individuals, employees of well-established companies, institutions, government departments, SMEs etc. in addition to other Banking Services.
The Bank requires individuals with knowledge and experience in banking financial services, corporate or private business / entrepreneurship, marketing, corporate development, legal, information technology, to serve as independent Non-Executive Directors on the Board in line with the requirements of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act (Corporate Governance) regulations, 2021.
Board Member Commitment:
- A commitment to regularly attend Board Meetings and related meetings,
- Actively participate on the board and subcommittees of the board
- Prepare for board meetings by reading relevant meeting materials in advance
- Accept assignments and complete them thoroughly and on time
- Stay informed about matters concerning the board its subcommittees
Duties and responsibilities:
- Establish policies and objectives that will direct the activities of the bank in all areas of operations and ensure the adherence of them by senior management
- Monitoring the operations to ensure the bank comply with laws and regulations
- To approve a strategic plan in collaboration with the management, monitor and evaluate its implementation to ensure the banks achieves its vision, mission, and objectives
- Identification and management of the key strategic risks of the bank and ensure effective internal controls to mitigate the operation and business risks are in place
- Demonstrate significant commercial, strategic and operational experience in Board discussions
- Provide guidance and oversight to management as they develop a customer centric set of values for the Bank
- Other duties and responsibilities as required under regulatory guidelines.
- Proven Leadership
- Previous Board Experience
- Financial sector experience
- Experience with large and complex organizations
Other Eligibility Requirements:
- Possession of formal qualifications and management or business of professional experience of at least five years, preferably, possession of a proven track record in banking industry or related activities.
- Non-conviction in any criminal offence.
- Non-involvement as a member of the management of board of directors, with banking institution whose registration or license has been revoked or cancelled or which has gone into liquidation.
- Absence of default record of any credit accommodation taken by him or his related parties from any banking institution.
- Absence of bankruptcy record or suspension of payments or composition with his creditors.
- Non-Conflict of Interest with the bank
Mode of Application
Qualified and interested persons wishing may submit an application letter, curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and awards through email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th April, 2023. Bank reserves the rights to cancel or reject any or all applications at its sole discretion or cancel the advertisement in its totality.