Board Member Vacancies at CRDB Bank January 2024, CRDB Bank PLC is a leading commercial bank in Tanzania. Established in 1996, the Bank has grown and prospered over the years to become the most innovative and trusted Bank in the country. The Bank attained an important milestone when it was listed on the Dar Es Salaam Stock Exchange on 17th of June 2009. CRDB Bank PLC owns four subsidiary companies namely CRDB Bank Burundi S.A., CRDB Insurance Company Limited, CRDB Bank Foundation and CRDB Bank DR Congo S.A.
The Board of Directors invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill two positions of Board Members to represent the group shareholders owning shares below 1% and the group of shareholders owning shares above 1% and below 10% who will be elected by all shareholders.
The names of qualified candidates will be presented to the Annual General Meeting for election. ( https://crdb.tiny.us/MEMARTS ) Knowledge and Education background
In line with Section 5(2) of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act (Corporate Governance) Regulations, 2021 candidates for the Board of Directors positions sVhould have expertise and knowledge in the following academia: Banking: or Finance: or Accounting; or Auditing; or Law; or Economics.
Skills and Expertise
Taking into account the current composition of the Board, developments in technology and growth in digital banking the following skills are needed: Data science, Cyber Security, Credit, Law, Accounting, Information Technology, Insurance, Strategic Communication, Investment and Capital ventures.
Board Member Vacancies at CRDB Bank
- Determine the Bank’s vision, mission and values aimed at providing continuity and legal existence of the Bank.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate the Bank’s strategy to achieve the vision and mission and ensure the Bank survives and thrives
- Govern the Bank by broad policies and objectives, formulated and agreed with Managing Director. Such policies and objectives shall aim at ensuring that:
3.1 procedures and practices are in place to protect the Bank’s Assets and reputation;
- the Bank complies with all relevant laws, regulations and codes of best practices; and
- the technology and systems used in the Bank are adequate to properly run the Bank for it to compete through efficient use of its assets, processes and human resources.
- Monitor risk identification and its management so as to enhance shareholder value in the long run.
- Select and appoint the Managing Director to whom the responsibility of managing the Bank shall be delegated. The Directors shall review and evaluate the Managing Director’s performance regularly.
Mode of Application
- Any person who wishes to be elected as Board member must submit an application letter, curriculum vitae, certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and awards, two passport size photographs, certified copies of the last page of their passports, and letters of recommendation from 3 references and declaration of indebtedness to banks.
- Notification of receipt of application and other details will be sent to all applicants upon receipt of the applications. Successful candidate will serve for a term of 3 years which is eligible for renewal. Kindly note that the deadline for submission of the applications is 00 p.m. on Wednesday, 24th January, 2024. CRDB strongly encourages women to apply
The contact for communication is:
CRDB Bank PLC Headquarters
Plot No 25 and 26 Ali Hassan Mwinyi Road & Plot No. 21 Barack Obama Road P. O. Box 268,11101 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Tel. no. 022 – 2219566
E-mail – email@example.com
READ ALSO; Reveurse Vacancies January 2024