Officer Lending Operations – 1 year contract at Standard Chartered Bank August 2023, Ajira Standard Chartered Bank Jobs Covering the end-to-end lending operations for personal loan, and secured lending as well as the disbursement operations for Mortgage lending product.
Process effectively and efficiently aligned to business strategy for the country. Covering the end-to-end lending operations for personal loan, and secured lending as well as the disbursement operations for Mortgage lending products. Scanning staff new loan/ Top-up/OD, manage mortgage activities, to manage capital reduction, early settlement and normal repayment. To manage operations on insurance and refunds. Reconciliation of LOS Insurance Intersystem Susp/ LOS Intersystem Suspense Account/ LISA Account/ Standard Chartered Bank Limited Account/ Sundry Creditors Insurance Account and Staff Loan Suspense Account. Managing and monitoring lending queues and making monthly reports of reworks.
Ajira Standard Chartered Bank
Maintain service quality standards towards Bank’s out serve initiative. Participating in various projects assigned by Head and LM. Strategy Responsible for understanding the Group’s business strategy and its implications for the lending activities Business Ensure the cost budget in Lending Operations & Risk Operations is based on robust capacity plans and is delivered through a rigorous cost management discipline Processes Adhering to the process standards defined by Head, Lending Operations & Risk Operations.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct. Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct. Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Internal stakeholders
- Country COO, RCO Retail clients, CCHs, CCROs
- Country Business Heads and Product Head, Retail Client segment
- Country Collections Heads
- Relevant members of Risk Operations management team
- Internal IT partners supporting Retail Clients business
- HR – for guidance on staff accounts and NPS reporting & L &TD team
- Operations, L&C and Customer Experience Management units for the country
- Hub / GBS Team – for processing issues as per SLA.
- Posting and Validation – for all payments issues.
- All Marcis users
- External stakeholders
- Auditors, Regulators and Customers
- Associations (Visa, MasterCard, Amex and other Country / Local forums), Credit Bureaus and peer Banks Law Enforcement agencie Suppliers and consultants – SANLAM INSURANCE – for all premiums payment and refunds issues. Other Responsibilities Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in first line lending and credit risk management. AML Responsibility Remain alert to risk of Money laundering and assist in the Bank’s effort in combating it by adhering to key principles in relation to CDD, reporting suspicious, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicious to customers
- Experience and knowledge in Banking industry with AML Experience
- A good understanding of the Account Opening process including legal requirements.
- An eye for details and keenness to maintain high standards on CDD/AML.
- Knowledgeable to ebbs system applications
- Knowledgeable to eops system applications
- Quick learning and adaptation to new processes/procedures
- Ability to spot process improvement opportunities
- Commitment towards team goals and an excellent team player
- Able to work under tight time constraints
- Passionate about achieving /exceeding targets and delivering promises
- Must be certified (as prescribed for the role) by completing all relevant SCB e-assessments (once these are rolled out)
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Anti-money Laundering Policies and Procedures
- Understanding Customer Needs
- Lending Processes and Standards
About Standard Chartered We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us. Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing. Ajira Standard Chartered Bank
Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning Being part of an inclusive and values driven organization, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realize their full potential. Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process. Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
- Job: Operations.
- Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-Tanzania, United Republic of-Dar es Salaam
- Schedule: Full-time
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Posting Date: 07/Aug/2023, 8:33:58 AM
- Unposting Date: 14/Aug/2023, 10:59:00 PM