Senior Project Officer – Malaria CASCADE at Catholic Relief Services May 2023
|Job Title: Senior Project Officer – Malaria CASCADE||Reports to: Head of Programs|
|Department: Programs – Health||Salary grade: 8|
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work are accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS in Tanzania works in very close collaboration with the catholic Churches and implements programs through both Churches and secular local partners. CRS has been helping poor, vulnerable families improve their lives through orphans and vulnerable children, agriculture, health, microfinance and WASH programming in Tanzania since 1962.
CRS -Tanzania through support from the CASCADE project is working with the Government of Tanzania to implement Malaria- Nutrition Integration via an extensive stakeholder management activities, review and development of standard operating procedures (SOP) to support the integration, multi-layered engagements with actors in both malaria and nutrition sectors at the national and sub-national levels. The CASADE funding has help create a foundation for SCP4 Multisectoral Malaria Project’s scaling initiatives related to malaria and nutrition co-interventions.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the implementation of malaria community case management and VHNDs in Kigoma.
- Assist in providing technical leadership and technical support related to malaria community case management strategies and approaches.
- Provide technical assistance for clinical management of malaria and capacity building to CORPS and CHWs.
- Represent CRS in respective technical working groups with the MoH.
- Provide oversight and supervisory roles to the appropriate technical staff and develop tools related to the implementation.
- Contribute to the development of lessons learned from project implementation and apply these lessons to improve the design of existing and new interventions.
- Regularly, develop quality reports and presentations for internal and external sharing.
- Perform other duties as assigned including periodic support/oversight to other CRS health initiatives and to provide technical support to health-related business development opportunities.
Recommended: Ajira CBU Project Lead at Vodacom May 2023
- Degree in Medicine, or any health-related undergraduate degree. Master’s degree in public health, Epidemiology, Behavior, Medicine, or related sector is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated application of technical principles and concepts in health programming. General knowledge of other related disciplines to ensure proper cross-sectoral approach.
- Experience with program monitoring and evaluation, including applying data collection tools and methodologies, data analysis, and data presentation.
- Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and faith-based and civil society partners. Understanding of partnership principles.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information and budget management systems, knowledge-sharing networks.
Required Languages – English and Swahili.
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 60%.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong relationship management skills with the ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision and to work with individuals in diverse geographical and cultural settings.
- Good strategic, analytical, problem-solving, and systems thinking skills with the capacity to see the big picture and the ability to make sound judgment.
- Good technical writing skills
- Presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
- Proactive, resourceful, and results-oriented
- Knowledge of CRS Partnership strategy and Partner management experience is an advantage.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Exceptional knowledge and experience in budget management and project management.
- Ability in Microsoft Office Publisher, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: NONE
Key Working Relationships:
Internal – CM, Head of Programs, SCP4, CASCADE Team, Head of Finance, HR and SCM, Field Office Manager, MEAL Coordinator, WASH Advisor, EARO DRD PQ, EARO Regional Tas External – Ministry of Health, NMCP, PORALG, LGA’s
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested qualified candidates should submit their letter of application together with their CV in PDF or Word format in a single attachment which outlines their experience and sustainability of the position applied to email address TZ_HR@crs.org not later than 25th May 2023.
- The applicants should clearly state the Job title applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Female candidates, people with disability and people from other recognized marginalized backgrounds, are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. CRS Tanzania recognizes many people do not have access to university education, limited capacity to travel, women take career breaks to care for family, and physical access for people with disability is limited in some workplaces including in the field. In all recruitments, CRS Tanzania uses a competency-based selection process. This ensures that if a candidate does not have a university degree or many years of experience, their competencies and existing expertise is assessed and valued
ALSO READ: 23 Job Opportunities at Wenya Commission Point Ltd – Various Positions May 2023