Ajira Sanku: Demand Planner May 2023-Job Opportunity at Sanku Fortification, Demand Planner Position Title: Demand Planner Location: Tanzania, Dar es salaam Nafasi za kazi Tanzania – Jobs in Tanzania. Find number of relevant job opportunities in Tanzania at Ajiraonline.com
Nature and Scope of work
The Demand Planner is responsible for ensuring inventory is always available through creating and maintaining updated forecasts for raw materials and finished goods. Planner will work with all stakeholders to ensure that the forecast is accurate and work closely with procurement and manufacturing to make sure the forecast requirements are executed in a timely manner. S/he will also be responsible for frequent inventory analyses, setting and communicating priorities for items for bag printing and premix blending on a monthly, weekly, and daily basis. Role will also do planning for raw materials, packaging materials, and manufacturing related consumables.
RECOMMENDED: Internship: EWURA – 4 Interns Positions May 2023
- Develop accurate forecast for raw materials, finished goods inventory items, and consumable materials to ensure both sales demand is always met, and warehouses hold optimum stock levels. This includes creating, and continually reviewing and updating the forecast model and outlining required orders to the production/procurement team.
- Manage the demand planning process each month by leading the demand review (week 1), supply review (week 2), new customer review (week 3), and executive summary review (week 4).
- Develop key KPIs for demand planning process with periodic reporting against established KPIs.
- Collaborating harmoniously with cross-functional teams including manufacturing & production, warehouse, and sales team to ensure that Sanku’s mission is always upheld.
- Assess the need for various reporting tools for efficient and effective analysis and forecast preparation, and liaise with various stakeholders in ensuring they are in place.
- Contribute to documentation of policies and processes to ensure business continuity.
- Constantly self-educate on best practices for demand planning locally and globally to bring improvement in Sanku’s manufacturing and inventory forecasting processes.
- Taking full ownership of overall demand planning, from creating the plan, updating it, soliciting inputs from sales and procurement, and securing timely approvals from the Head of Function, also resolving challenges as they arise as well as escalating timely to management with the proposed resolution.
- Stay informed with local and global news, pay attention to factors that might affect existing forecasts, and make necessary adjustments timely.
- Periodically reporting on overall forecast versus actual as will be needed.
- Periodically analyze inventory data, and provide insights to be used by country leadership for decision-making purposes.
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the line manager from time to time.
- 5+ years of work experience, of which 3 must be in an analyst position in a reputable organization most preferably a manufacturing setup.
- 3+ years of supply chain, logistics, or warehouse management experience.
- 5+ years of work experience with ERP in a manufacturing setting.
- 3+ years of work experience in a demand planning role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Statistics, Supply Chain/Logistics, or equivalent experience
- IT background or experience is an added advantage.