Ajira Health Safety Environment Officer Job Vacancies at MeTL Group May 2023-Job Vacancies at MeTL Group Tanzania May 2023 Job Vacancies at MeTL Group Tanzania August 2022
About the job
HSE Officer should discharge his duties in order to make the organization fulfill their legal, ethical, moral and economical responsibilities of the organization pertaining to Health, Safety and Environmental demand of the business. In the course of his employment, he shall abide by the law of the land and the rules set by the organization as well as any recognized standards to which the company has accreditations.
HSE officer is responsible for promoting and maintaining the health and safety management system and H&S culture within the company and ensure that everyone in the company follows HSE policies under the law as well as the acceptable standards. The prime duties including but not limited to:
I. Advise, support and coordinate with HBU, managers and employees at all levels to fulfill their legal, moral, ethical and organizational obligations pertaining to health, safety and environment such as:
Making sure that the BU & SP supports safe working practices and complies with the HSE laws and other HSE standards.
- Identifying workplace health, safety and environmental hazards, developing suitable and effective plans/strategies to economically reduce the risk to people, environment and property to an acceptable level.
- Periodically consulting internal stakeholders (such as SHEREPs, Trade Unions, employees, service providers, contract employees etc.,) with respect to their occupational health and safety matters. HSE officer shall be the secretary of the Occupational Health and Safety committee to catalyze and ensure the fair HSE consultation process through quarterly meetings done in suitable, smooth and effective manner.
- Allocating time and resources, preparing HSE budget taking in to account the CAPEX, OPEX, consumables, revenue, potential emergencies, HSE Trainings, legal costs and upcoming HSE programs/initiatives etc.,
- Adopting necessary HSE polices as well as adaptation to the internal, national and international HSE standards and implementing them effectively at the workplace.
II. Set up HSE operational procedures & systems and review them periodically in consultation/ in coordination with Group HSE Manager:
- Incident investigation procedure
- Risk assessment procedure
- HSE Internal Training System
- Hazard reporting procedure
- Permit To Work System
III. An HSE officer is expected to be carrying the following tasks in his day-to-day operations:
Understand the KPIs assigned to him and strive to achieve them positively.
- Fully comply with the site PPE rules, inculcate/promote the behavioral change/improvement through leading by example.
- Keep up to date with HSE legislation and relevant standards that will affect the company.
- Taking daily rounds of the site conducting safety intervention upon observing the unsafe act/behaviors.
- Coordinate and ensure that the supervisors conduct TBT before every start of the shift/activity/handover.
HSE Officer shall possess below attributes and qualifications.
- Graduate Degree in Health and Safety or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in both English and Kiswahili.
- Basic computer knowledge of MS-Office.
- Persuading skills, pleasing personality and good conduct history.
- Self-motivated, proactive and positive attitude towards the challenges at work.
- Critical eye to look for dormant hazards/discrepancies at the workplace’s. Demonstrate Continual improvement of his Competency over his career line.