Ajira Grants Development & Donor Engagement Manager at World Vision May 2023-Ajira mpya World Vision Nafasi za kazi World Vision Tanzania (WVT): Learn more about World Vision Tanzania (WVT) and its vacancies, take a look and apply World Vision jobs in Tanzania
Grants Development & Donor Engagement Manager at World Vision
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
- Work with resource development director, Senior Management Team and Technical Program Leads to identify funding opportunities from Support Offices, government donors, multilateral agencies and other donors.
- Draft synopsis of funding opportunities to facilitate decision making on whether to pursue new grant and other external funding opportunities.
- Coordinate the development of concept papers and prepare proposals (including logical frameworks, draft budgets, budget narratives, and monitoring and evaluation plans) for Support Office (SO), government, private and multilateral donors.
- Maintain the grant tracking tool including status updates of active funding opportunities, submitted proposals, and proposal approvals and next steps.
- Ensure adherence to Business Development Partnership Policies and Procedures
- Resource Development from different donors including Multilateral, Bilateral, Donor and UN agencies.
- Identify funding opportunities from Support Offices, government donors, multilateral agencies and other donors.
- Increase funding opportunity to the organization from the different sources of donors. Fund acquisition will increase WVT portfolio and ability to address the needs of MVC and implementing activities based on the operational plan and strategic mandate.
- Organizing the meeting with priority of fund-raising context.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with key stakeholders including Support Offices, donors (multilateral, government, foundations and private) and other international agencies.
- Act as focal point for assigned SOs and donor relationships and portfolio.
- Work with SOs to coordinate donor and SO program visits.
- Ensure WVT programs provide opportunities for supporting the development of new alliances and collaboration.
- Develop and maintain effective external and internal relationships with various stakeholders.
- Ensure program updates as needed by key SOs, the Regional Office, donors and partners.
- Develop key engagement material (e.g. capacity statements, talking points, stakeholder strategy analysis etc.).
- Liaise regularly and build relationships with key internal (EARO, GC and SOs) and external (bi-, multi-lateral donors and government entities) stakeholders.
- Identify funding opportunities from local and international orngazation and prepare the business plan for fund acquisition
- To conduct assessment for the local fundraising to identify local and international opportunities. This is including preparation of fund-raising business plan process.
- Increase WVT visibility and relationship with donors and stakeholders.
- Supporting the development of new alliances and collaboration.
- Work with WVT program team to identify the opportunities of new alliances and collaboration addition to that BDO will be required to maintain internal and external relationship with various stakeholders.
- Ensure all internal and donor accountability requirements are met for grant acquisition and management.
- Working closely with the Resource Development Director, continue to update/revise supporter engagement strategy and practices to adapt to changing context.
- To determine the capacity of the partner to manage funds properly and the capability to implement efficiently and effectively.
- To establish the gaps in both the financial and program systems of the partner.
- To identify ways of supporting the partner to address the gaps identified.
Implementing partners well understand donor rules and regulations and compliance with WVT policies.
- Coordinate development of concept papers and proposals for funding diversity.
- Review calls for proposals and recommend whether WVT should pursue funding opportunities using the Go/No Go Process.
- Develop and implement the Grants Acquisition Business plan for the WVT, ensuring alignment with all relevant strategies.
Development of concept papers and prepare proposals (including logical frameworks, draft budgets, budget narratives, and monitoring and evaluation plans) for Support Office (SO), government, private and multilateral donors, local institutions, high net worth individuals and FBOs.
Support Director resource Development and team to take increase responsibility for funding application.
- Ensure full and timely the Resource Development division is increase funding by receive and review various funding opportunity which come to our end.
- Ensure effective and timely formal and informal reporting to SOs, donors and partners on Resource Development issues.
- To support WVT to Develop and diversify resource of funding including local and international resources mobilization.
- Coordinate grants process making from start-up and new projects/program with relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare the report and reporting timely to donors and partners on Resource Development activities.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Minimum qualification requires
- At least a Master’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized university.
- A Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Agriculture, Health, Nutrition, Development Studies etc) from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in programming (designing, implementing, evaluating and monitoring) of integrated development, relief and/or advocacy of donor funded projects.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification.
- Be a result orientated leader with the ability to handle a heavy work load, manage and satisfy multiple conflicting organizational, donor and other stakeholder demands.
- Ability to provide spiritual leadership to the team.
- Ability to think strategically and innovatively, constantly pursuing new and better ways of working.
- Be committed to empowering others for transformation – both inside and outside of the organization.
- Be committed to pursuing tangible and lasting impact in the lives of the poor through an empowerment approach.
- Ability to inspire across a wide range of audiences and to communicate effectively.
- Highly effective people management skills.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
Coordinate the implementation of Horizon 3.0 that will support the organization’s efforts to track information on project implementation, to store vital program documentation, and to gather and store information vital to communicating project impact and promote pro-active learning.
Participate in reviews and lesson learned exercises for grants as guided by WV policies and principles.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
On call 20%. Office based environment with frequent travel to the field and National Office in Arusha. Furthermore, the position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 35% (approximately 2 to 4 trips a year).
English and Swahili
READ ALSO: Ajira Senior Operations Officer at World Bank May 2023
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Contact (within WV or outside WV)
East Africa Regional Office
Reason for contact
Engage support office with strong concept note and compiling strong evidence information to attract general attention from donors to acquire new grants.
Contact (within WV or outside WV)
Reason for contact
Engagement of WV support office with strategic alignment and capacity to provide technical and financial support in order to generate grants resources from donor agencies-Bilateral and multilateral.
- Deliver Results
- Build Relationships
- Be Accountable
- Improve and Innovate
- Partner and Collaborate
Applicant Types Accepted: Local Applicants Only