Ajira Dangote Industries Limited: Quality Control Officer – Dangote Cement May 2023-Nafasi Mpya za Kazi Dangote Tanzania. Search for jobs across Tanzania. Nafasi Mpya za Kazi Dangote your job
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality. Our operational headquarters is located the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria. Dangote Group continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa with sustained market leadership in Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Flour Milling, Manufacturing of Pasta (Spaghetti & Macaroni), Operation of Cement Terminals, Port Operations, Noodles Manufacturing, Packaging Material Production and Salt Refining.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Strictly follow the Standard and other Standard Operating Procedures.
- Carry out the full chemistry of Raw Meal to determine LSF, MA and MS, LOI and Residue as per the Effective Quality Control Plan and results recorded and communicated to operators through by phone or communicate personally and if any result is off for action to adjust limestone, Iron Ore and Red Soil feeder settings and control of the residues.
- Carry out the full chemistry of Kiln Feed to determine LSF, MA and MS, LOI and Residue as per the Effective Quality Control Plan and results recorded and communicated to operators through by phone or communicate personally.
- Carry out tests of Hot Meal SO3, Cl, K2O, Na2O and LOI to calculate percentage of Degree of Calcination as per Effective Quality Control Plan and communicated to operators through by phone or communicate personally.
- Carry out the full chemistry and free lime of clinker to determine C3S, C2S, C3A, Liquid Phase, LSF, MA, MS, S/A Ratio, and litre weight as per the Effective Quality Control Plan and results recorded and communicated to CCR operators through by phone or communicate personally.
- Determination of moisture, Ash and its sieve analysis of shift fine coal samples as per the Effective Quality Control Plan and results recorded and communicated to CCR operators through by phone or communicate personally.
- Carry out the tests of Cement SO3, Blaine, LOI and its sieve analysis as per the Effective Quality Control Plan and results recorded and communicated to CCR operators through by phone or communicate personally and if any result is off for action to adjust clinker, gypsum and limestone feeders according to targets set to produce quality cement.
- Carries out various analytical laboratory tests on provided samples involving titration, calorimetric, X-rays, volumetric, (wet) analysis to determine compounds or elements, which are used in indicating quality of raw, in process materials and final product (s) analyzed.
- Carries out water analysis of RO plant water whenever is required.
- Carries out Receipt of AGO and conduct quality inspection to Check Water content and Density once the trucks are received and record the outcomes in GRN and get the endorsement from HOD and same to be record in the excel format present in the lab pc.
- Routine inspection and control of laboratory instruments
- Preparation of all the standard solution for chemical analysis.
- Assists Lab Supervisor/QC Manager to periodically calibrate & maintain XRF analyzer and other lab equipment.
- Updates records stating chemicals and quantities used and submits information to Lab Supervisor & also maintain the inventory of its consumables.
- Prepares complete analysis report detailing various results obtained from tests following given format and submits the same to the Lab Supervisor for checking before forwarding to the Quality Manager.
- Conduct different reference tests as per the quality monitoring file to enable determination of equipment reliability.
- Perform monitoring of reference samples under reference methods and check lab equipment performance.
- Perform monitoring of the temperature and humidity of the robot lab environment and record the data in the file.
- Follow the effective Quality Control Plan in the day-to-day activities.
- Maintain the LERI file for all the equipment’s in the Laboratory and submit the report weekly to the QC officer in charge.
- Prepare daily report and analysis.
- Communicate immediate any quality issues.
Education and Work Experience Requirements
- Bachelors’ degree or its equivalent in Chemistry related discipline.
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant experience.
RECOMMENDED: Administrative Officer Jobs at Embassy of France in Tanzania
Skills And Competencies
- Strong knowledge of analytical chemistry and quantitative analyses
- Good knowledge of quality control methods and instruments
- Good knowledge of quality audit/ testing processes for cement
- Good knowledge of the cement production process
- Good knowledge of ISO quality management systems
- Good chemical analysis skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Good relationship management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Personal Health Insurance
- Pay Off Time
- Training and Development