Ajira Curriculum Enhancement – Teacher Coach at Aga Khan Education Services May 2023
The Aga Khan Education Services in Tanzania (AKES,T) operates three schools, from nursery to secondary levels. Each school aims to provide a quality education that imparts a broad set of personal and intellectual skills which develops independent inquiry and critical thinking abilities. The origins of the Aga Khan schools in Tanzania go back to the 19th century when a girls’ school was started around 1905 in Zanzibar by Sir Sultan Mohamed Shah Aga Khan III. The focus of AKES in Tanzania is to implement educational programs that are designed to assist students in acquiring life skills as well as an intellectual foundation that will enable them to make their way confidently in a world increasingly characterised by globalisation and technological advancement. To meet the needs of diverse communities, AKES, T is part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people of all faiths and origins in specific regions of the developing world. AKES in Tanzania operates schools which run both National and International curricular IB PYP ,IGCSE and IB DP
- Lead the development and realisation of a shared vision of good teaching and learning in all AKES, Tanzania school.
- Review the academic policies in place at the schools, and work collaboratively with the schools to modify these to improve the students’ experience and outcomes.
- Supports the School preparations for the IB’s evaluation and quality assurance visits.
- Builds capacity in the faculty to ensure improvements are sustainable.
- Supports students by helping to develop a culture of success and achievement in partnership with the School’s faculty and staff.
- Drive the student Teaching and Learning Support and education technology plans.
- Guide the development of appropriate strategic and programme development for the IB school
- Contributes to the strategic planning for teachers’ professional development across the network with respect to their discipline or specific area of expertise.
- Master Degree in Education or in relevant fields.
- Over 5 years of experience in a senior supervisory position in IB programmes (PYP; MYP; or DP)
- Proven ability to bring the best out of teachers and to effect sustainable improvements in teaching quality
- Proven record of success as an IB teacher coach and having research experience will be an added advantage.
- Proven ability to work in partnership with Academy teams, in building strengths to support their work in raising achievement of students;
- Ability to use technology in an integrated way to promote students’ learning;
- Experience in mentoring and supervision of school teachers
- Intercultural appreciation of the work of teachers and support staff in the contexts of the Academies;
Applications should include a cover letter that demonstrates their suitability for the role with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, and the names of three professional referees one should be the current employer. Closing date: 30 May 2023